want to instal VMM

91CaliTBIRD

My 91 SC does not have one originally. It has the block off plate in its place. Is it easy to install a VMM, is there a harness behind the plate that it just plugs into? Also what all does the VMM show? Thanks Bill

To install a VMM on a car that didnt have one is a PITA because of all the stuff you have to add. I honestly dont recall anybody who has done this exactly because of that reason. There is a chance that your car had it and the harness is just laying behind the delete plate...some people decide to do this after their VMM goes bad. What it reads is low: oil, coolant, washer and gas. As well as telling you when you need an oil change...there is an indicator that sais OK and Change. The change light goes from SOON, to NOW if you dont reset it after your oil change. I personally love it, but alot of people dont and they decide to do away with it after it brakes.

If the harness is behind the plate, then yes it should work. I bought a 91 last Aug. and it had the plate there with the harness behind it. So for giggles, I took the vmm out of my 90 and put it into the 91 to see if it would work and it did. Good Luck.
Mike

Back