Dressing up engine

kenewagner

After adding my FMIC with new chrome pipes and some polished stainless steel additions, the rest of my engine is looking very plain. The generator case is expecially oxidized. I have seen kits in some of the large aftermarket catalogs for chrome case kits. Is there something simiular out there like that for the SC. Were have you guys gotten you engine dress up pieces?:confused:

I think most of us have had our stock pieces chomed or polished or have had custom pieces made. Several manufacturers make nice looking polished tensioner pulleys and others make aluminum drive pulleys. I have also used the braided steel lines and braided covers for hoses. Aluminum rads can also have the tops polished. I used a Mustang 3G alternator that was already chromed. I haven't seen SC alternator shells polished that were offered by a vendor. Some pics of my engine are at my site in my sig. I have also seen pictures of "Randy N Connie" and "David Neibert" engines that would give you some ideas on what can be done. A newly painted engine compartment helps as well. The underside of the hood should not be neglected.

This thread has a lot of pictures:

http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41958

Back