$12,500 What would you do with it ??

v8killr

The reason i ask is i might be coming into some money and was curious what you might do to your car if it where you.I have a 93 that's very clean on the inside and out and is completly stock.I'm not sure if i will put it into my sc or buy my 68 camaro that i have always wanted (i know).If i do go the sc route i will full out and put it all into it.I have been going back and forth with this for awhile and i still don't know which way i'm going i was just curious what mods you would do if you had that money in your hand and where going to do some upgrades.The good thing is my car don't need interior work or paint it just needs to go faster....lol

Wow that is alot of money!! Well....

If you put ALL into your SC, Im pretty sure that you can get it into the Low 11's or Lower possibly. If you buy that Camaro for that much, it would probably be close to that number anyway and look like a million bucks. Personally with $12,500, I would invest half into the bank, and use the $6,250 to fix up my SC some more. Just be wise with that money :cool:

You would be surprised how much a gen1 camaro runs i have been looking around for some time and they are not cheap unless you want one full of dough.As far as banking it i was going to do that same thing but my wife wants me to do it this way(she's pretty cool huh),she knows i want to sink some money in my t-bird and she just wants me to take the money and do what i want and at this present time those are the two options i'm thinking of.Now this changes all the time..I really don't need anything else and my boys love to work on my car with me so it would be a good project for us to do,But a convertable is something i have always wanted......hell i don't know...lol

Hefty down payment on a 2005 Mustang GT...Arrest-Me Red with White stripes and a 5 speed......yea....thats what id do with it.

That would be nice

Hey Man,
That is the kind of $$$ that would make me smile because I would leave the SC the way it is, and Mod the Camaro :). I would also not mind if I had a 67-68 fastback to mod:)
I would love to be in that situation.
You are one lucky Guy.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Just remember whatever car you spend it on the money will be gone never to be seen again.

If you put a bunch of money into your SC expect to be dissapointed. I'd spend no more than $2000 on the SC. As for the Camaro - well - I guess if you really want to do that, just remember that you will then have two impractical cars. It will suck when they are both broken and you have nothing to drive....

"I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time..." :D

1034032719_CAndreaquizlawrence.jpg

It's only money. I think any dissappointment would be relative to your expectations. If it was going to be used to fix up your SC with the help of your boys then that opportunity is priceless. You will have a car you love and the memories will last forever. I can't recommend buying a Camaro because, well, I'm a Ford guy and I just don't like them. :D Someday when my boys are a little older we will do something like that. Don't listen to Dave "Cloud of Doom" Dalke, dissappointment like many other things is in the eye of the beholder.:p

I imagine if you get with alot of people on here and ask them when they first got there cars if they planned on spending $20,000 to 30,000 grand on nothing but go fast parts they probably would have laughed in your face and ask what you where smoking.The point i'm trying to make,is that working on this or any car like this is it's addictive to just want to make it go faster and faster and before you know it there's all that money they said they would never spend.Like i said before i have always wanted a 67-69 camaro convertable ever since i was young and figured i would never own one because they are just to expensive,but since i have owned my sc for 7 yrs now i absolutly love this car.That is why i started this thread just to see what someone else might do.Lucky for me is that i have a great wife and two great kids and they keep telling me to do what i want.I was going to take them on vacation but they don't want to go they want me to spend it on myself.As far as putting it into the bank i have money being saved for retirement and i have two 401k's and i have bonds that i keep for college for the boys.The part about having two broke down cars in my driveway is funny though.That could happen,but i don't think so.Bottom line is i'm 34 now and i will enjoy it no matter what i choose...

Last edited:
v8killr said:
I imagine if you get with alot of people on here and ask them when they first got there cars if they planned on spending $20,000 to 30,000 grand on nothing but go fast parts they probably would have laughed in your face and ask what you where smoking.The point i'm trying to make,is that working on this or any car like this is it's addictive to just want to make it go faster and faster and before you know it there's all that money they said they would never spend.Like i said before i have always wanted a 67-69 camaro convertable ever since i was young and figured i would never own one because they are just to expensive,but since i have owned my sc for 7 yrs now i absolutly love this car.That is why i started this thread just to see what someone else might do.Lucky for me is that i have a great wife and two great kids and they keep telling me to do what i want.I was going to take them on vacation but they don't want to go they want me to spend it on myself.As far as putting it into the bank i have money being saved for retirement and i have two 401k's and i have bonds that i keep for college for the boys.The part about having two broke down cars in my driveway is funny though.That could happen,but i don't think so.Bottom line is i'm 34 now and i will enjoy it no matter what i choose...

In that case build up a bullet proof 11-10 second SC!:D

Forget the SC and put it into the Camaro. You could get the a really nice crate motor with a warranty. Like the 572 GM, making 720HP, good for a 9 second pass.

I'd start with building up a bulletproof shortblock (just like mine):D , Then I would put together a sweet set of heads (just like mine), top it off with headers, exhaust, MP inlet, MP ported blower, all the bolt ons, FMIC, nice wheels with great tires on them (probably 275/40/17 drag radials).
I would put in a real nice roll cage, Cobra brakes and do a 6 speed swap also.

In defence of my comments, I really know just about nothing about "v8killer" so I guess I assumed you were a young punk. Instead you sound just like me. Funny thing is my wife always says "do whatever you want" also. However, I find life is much better if I refrain from doing what I want and spend some time figuring out what she wants. LOL

But in response to your question, the Camaro thing is fun if you have the time and space for it.

Regarding the SC, as much as it is tempting to throw down a wad of cash against the car, you will find that it is generally dissapointing to do it that way. Nothing works out the way you plan and things always cost more than you thought they would. I would still hold to my old advice and spend no more than $2000 on it at a time. After you have made some upgrades, take time to get used to them, evaluate their effectiveness, and enjoy the difference that it made. Once you have made a change to the car, then you can look at it again and decide what the next important thing to do is. This is much more fun than throwing down a pile of cash and getting it all over with. Remember the journey is the fun, not the destination.

Man you are one lucky guy. I would be happy just to have a clean '93 SC! I would have to partially agree with Dave and say I would only spend a few grand on the SC. You can really do alot with a few thousand dollars to this car. Then hang on to the rest of the money and save it up for later. Or you could always invest some of it, let it grow so later you can do the Camaro thing. Let the money work for you. It sounds like you are in a very good position as it is right now, so you can do whatever will make you (and your family) the happiest.

Matt

"XR7 DAVE" I see your from madison,oh.I know i have been through there before.Where is that in conjuction with akron,oh?That is where i'm from..i lived there for about 30 yrs untill i moved down here.I know what your say'n about doing everything at once it sorta takes the excitment out of it.To tell you the truth i'm really leaning towards getting my camero.I have never been a chevy,ford,mopar etc person.I have always had the mind set that if the car looks sweet i would drive it.I just like older rides.Funny thing is if i had the money on me at this exact moment i would have bought a 32 ford three window street rod on ebay yesterday( talk about sweet ).My main concern is what you where talking about with these cars,while i love my sc they are a pain the a$$ to work on.

Back