A$$hole car salesman...

B

Broham

A$$hole car salesman...

I went into Sacramento/Roseville today with a friend of mine to look at some cars i saw in the paper. After we checked those out we decided to see if any of the dealerships had any. After driving around for a while we spotted a SC and decided to stop and take a look. It looked ok driving by but it was a turd up close. Tons of scratches and dents, all of the knobs on the inside were broken off, and worst of all there were spiderwebs spun all over the seats and stearing wheel. Still we wanted to take it for a spin so i went inside and asked the guy inside if i could take it out. He said sure and that he would be out in a few minutes so i went back out side. A few minutes later some kid comes out and gives me the keys and then walks off. Figuring that i was good to go i started the beast up (barely) and drove it out to the road. I took it easy coming out of the driveway but then got on it to see what she had. Well a giant plume of black smoke billows out of the tail pipes and the car takes off. So i drive about 200 yards down the road and took it back and i see the guy from the office standing in the middle of the road. I pull up next to him and roll down the window and he starts screaming at me saying that he specificly told me to wait for him and that he dosn't want people racing his cars up and down the road. I basically told him he was exagerating and that he never told me to wait for him and he starts screaming at me again. Then he has the nerve to ask if i want to buy the car! I told him not any more and got the hell out of there before he got even more pissed. So watch out. I think it was on Riverside Ave. Red SC beat up with bad paint on both bumpers. If you go by there don't piss this guy off. He seemed kind of nuts.
-broham

Re: A$$hole car salesman...

Sorry Broham,
Thats a car I was looking at too tell you about. The guy is a jerk. Not to mention it had a broken ant.no stereo. Than the person that owned it be for cut two 6-9 holes for speakers in the back deck. He also cpuld have put a k-n cone on it. He wanted 3995.00 for it ,but I don't think I would have givin him more than 2000.00 for it. It does need a bit of work.
Kurt Sr

yea

Yea that car wasn't worth $3995. When did you go by to look at it? What do you do for a living, i think i remember you saying something about working at a car dealership but im not sure. I've been wanting to take a look at a 90 SC that i saw in the paper but i haven't had a chance yet. The lady said that it wasn't in too good of condition but the only problems she said it had was that the windows don't roll down and a little paint fade. Didn't seem that big to me. She's asking 2000. We'll see...
-broham

Re: yea

Broham,
I looked at it about a week a go. Just accross the street from that car is a black SC sitting in a open parking lot. Looks like it may have broke down there. Been sitting there for about a month now. I don't work for car lots I cruz them for SC too let people now about them. I'm a diesal-gas mech,also driver.
If you sould haer of a car here in my area let me now i'll check it out for you.
Kurt Sr

cool

Thats good to know. What do you think about that SC that i saw in the paper? Sounds like a good deal but i still haven't looked at it.

Re: cool

Windows don't sound like to big a problem. I my self could over look that problem and the paint, if the car runns good.
Your probly going to have to do a little fix'n on a SC. Their age is starting to catch up with them. Its just a matter of finding one worth the price, and how much work it needs.
If you want I could go over and see if its worth your time to come down and look at it. Up to you , does'nt matter to me.
Kurt Sr

Sure...

If that works for you Kurt that would be awsome. The number is 916-645-9020. If you have a chance take a look if you want. Hope to hear from you soon.
-broham

Re:Not a problem

I'll be taking a look at this car tomrrow(wed). At around 6:00pm. She's bringing it down for me to look at. Sounds like a nice car so far. Lots better than the one on the car lot.
Kurt Sr

Re: Broham, car results

Check your e-mail bubba!!!!
I gave her the SCCOA board address in case you don't want it. You have her number give her a call.
Kurt Sr

Theres a 90 SC up here in Marysville at a dealer and the car looks nice from a distance but it seems like the owner had a bad argument with the ex and scrathed the heck out of it. I asked to test drive it but he refused and asked how i would be paying for the car. I dont think i would buy this one. Its a black 90 auto, bra, new trans(supposedly) brakes master cylinder, 124,000 mi, power window buttons caved in, deeply scratched maybe keyed all around, clear coat fading off, bald tires, cracked windshield, torn black leather seats and hella faded, tinted windows all for a price of $4995 what do you think of that?

They are getting harder and harder to find in real good shape. Unless you can buy from a club member thats selling one.
Kurt Sr

No good...

sounds like a rip off. I saw one in an ad in the paper for a dealership in Corning. I was thinking of checking that one out. It was a white 90.

Back