Ever heard of the little boy who cryed wolf

GONE14S

When planning a meet give it time to be viewed by all members.
To cancel a meet a few days after posting is pointless.
To delet all your replys n that post is also pointless and the whole thread will be deleted. This do to the fact it no longer makes any sence.

N/Cal has a problem. It's not with the members themselfs, it's where everyone is coming from to get to the meet (ie-location).
This is the reason that it is hard to set up a meet.
Some members need the time to get the day off. They also wait as that date gets closer to the meet date to reply.
Some folks don't care about making meets and have never showed up to one, but they are on the boards.
As many folks that are reg. in N/Cal you would think we could get a better showing of SC's in N/Cal.

When you cry "wolf" to many times, folks begin to just skip round the post!

Kurt Sr

What I'm looking for here is to fire you folks up. You don't like what I say than make a comment on it and tell the rest of us what you think.

I go riding with it least 20 other guys every weekend....thats a meet!!!!!!
I go to meets with it least 10 or more Supra owners every other week.!!!!!!

I go to a SCCOA N/Cal meet ONCE a year (if lucky).... :rolleyes:

When you make your replys to this thread keep indirect of any one person, BUT feel free to make your point!
I am going to be thick skined about this thread. I will let all post stand as long as you folks keep it within the giude lines above.
So turn up the flame and get your point up here........but just don't sit there and read this bloody thread and do nothing!

Kurt Sr

Well spoken Kurt,

That is one of the reasons why I have bailed out. I have gone on to join a local Vintage Mustang Club up here. They are well organized and have monthly formal meetings. They are involved with other clubs and spend a lot of time showing, cruising and are active within the community. So until there is a lot more more excitement with this club I think I will just hang out up here working on restoring our Mustang.

Mark

Talking about me KURT?

Who made you top Dog?
This post ****** me off and you I am sick of this whole Nor-Cal **** and you this Turbo club **** as well have fun in the future without me as a part of this club got more importaint things in life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said once before, a car club is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun I tend to move on. Feelings get hurt too easily among certain members of this club. I still enjoy my XR7, but I will probably be moving on to something else. At 198,000 even with the new engine it is feeling more & more like just another old car. I think I agree with Mark time to put the time & money into an old muscle or pony car. I sure miss my old big block '69 Camaro. All my Mustang friends liked it when I was their token Chevy guy. :eek:
Derek

Ouch !!!!

Well Kurt it looks like you have struck a very raw nerve :eek: .
I did not know that you were the "top dog". I did'nt know that anyone was a TOP DOG in this bunch. :confused:
Later, Greg

Time for me to step back

"I try to set meets up"
But no one steps in to say yes I will come its always maybe than back out at the last couple days like Bodega Bay last year. I dont need this pressure got enough from lossing someone special. Kurt coming up with Boy who Cyried Wolf is stupid ****. let it die like this club always ben it never changes "SUMFEAR" he said it right not fun no more time to move on with other intrests cars

I try but it seams no one appreciates it so let somone els try and good luck to you I am staying to track time only

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,
All I'm saying is if you put up a post trying to set a meet than leave it up and see what happens. If your going to chancel it right away than whats the point in putting it up in the first place! :rolleyes:

As for TOP DOG, I have never been and have never though I was. Like you Jim, I to tried to get something going-with know results.......it can be frustrating. :(

As far as "Turbo's" go, I don't recall posting anything on this except as a joint meet at the track. ;)

Greg,
It was my intent to strike a raw nerve or two. As you can see there are only three or four people that have replied. These are the folks that always go to meets and MAKE the time to join in on a club functions. There's some other 16 members that could care less.

I agree with Derek and Mark, I'm also into other clubs at the moment.
I will always support anything that the N/Cal group wants to do, but it has fallin to second fiddle to my other intrests. :eek:

As always there is one or two poeple that miss the point of a thread, go back and re-read again if need be. :eek:

It is amazing how many members that are here in N/Cal that have not made a meet or care to set one up. :(

Kurt Sr

Last edited:
I understand Kurt

"To much Stress" :eek:
I put to much effort into meets I expect replys and intrest in the meets when that dont happen I cancel it just trying to hard to make this club like others doing stuff together meets and stuff.

Last year Rio Vista was great nice turn out we had fun as was Bodega Bay my dad said I try to hard and get dippressed when it dont workout :(

Time to let someone els set meets up I gave it my best last year got a couple new clubs 427 Galaxie and Mustang clubs there booked with meets and car cruises cant waite to take the 63 to car drive In's and to Rockland Jaspars car shows like we use to before the Super Coupe came along.

What about Rio Vista cruise April 17th? :D
I promis not to cancel it out what about it Nor-Cal? help me bring this club back in style

Last edited:
April 17th

Sorry,
I can't make the 17th. I'll be hanging out in Redding and Dead Bluff. Kool April Nites car show, and the Red Bluff Roundup Rodeo. So I'll be saddling up the Ol Mustang. Fast cars, rank bulls, tight wranglers and cold beer, what more could an old dude want in life.
Giddy Up. :D

Mark

Mark Cool April Nights?

"68 Bullet" Wild Stang :)
Mark where is the Cool April Nights car show going to be? is it a pre entry deal? I would love to bring the 63 427 Galaxie there to it maybe rope me a nice Wild Cowgirl up there :D

damn

and I thought we had problems . lol

hey Im a no shower at so cal meets . oops this is nor cal ,
better shut up Im out of my area code lol,

you guys and gals, have it hard your in a vast spread out area , we in so cal are crowded into a small non stop city . if I want to go to a meet I have to go to L.A. 75 miles you are on all sides of the bay and farm land + longer distances, its amazing you have meets at all . +
everyone has sheduales that are hard to set up for a meet.

so be patient and work it out . as friends do .

Ill butt out now Im not on my home turf and its not my issue.

Thanks Greg

Thank for the link Greg ;)
This event looks good Cool April Nights. Manny well get it going here soon you So-Cal guys and gals are the nicest people to have meets together with sure miss the Bakerfield meets :( hows the Twin M-90 project going?

twin m90s

the twin m90's is going great, almost done just some belt tensioners and its done Im slowing down the blower 25% the pulley will drive the first blower and the second is driven 1=1 off of the first one my calculations ,

I figure around 19-22 lbs and heat will be 1/2 of the m90 by itself as rotors will spin slower and create less heat,

then again the drag "hp" needed may be so great it tears belts and makes no more hp than stock . we will see I guess if nothing else it will look good lol.

and as for the post Im just bs,ing and so cal has its problems too as all the chapters do ,

I personaly have not made a meet in the few yrs ive been here, but
do plan on it soon .

good luck my friends and god bless .

If you look at any car club I think you'll see that a meet is attended by significantly less than 100% of the members. But for a lot of clubs with many members, a partial attendance might still mean 20 people show up. Our problem here is, there just aren't that many of us, and so when there is a meet sometimes it's only 4 or 5 people that can make it. Plus we're all busy people and we live spread out over hundreds of miles, so it's not surprising that it's difficult to set things up.

Frankly this isn't a big issue for me, and I think all of you have your panties in a bunch. So what if we don't have as many meets or there aren't a lot of people there? It's still always fun for the people who go. And that's the point we should be making, so that next time more people will see what they missed and make more effort to attend.

Rob,
I agree with you. The problem is that when we do have meet Only about 4-5 show up. Here's afew, like yourself for one, Mark and Sue, Wendy and myself,Jim Jr.......these are the ones we see all the time. When we post pic's than everyone joins in on the post and say's "man I wish I could have gone".

Myself, I"m not worry about what N/Cal does... I have other intress that will fill in fine.
Do I still care about N/Cal?? ..Yes!
But As you you said Rob,"to many miles between folks in the north". I really do think that is the bottom line with this club.

It sure does'nt seem to get in the way of the bike clubs or the Supra's though!!! :rolleyes: (meaning miles)

Kurt Sr

Back