89-94 Thunderbird Nascar Cars

Rich Thomson

The web site http://www.hscrs.com Has the old Thunderbird stock cars. IMO they were and still are the Best looking stock cars ever run on the Stock Car circuit. 89-93 nose always looked mean to me. THE LAST REAL STOCK CAR! Not really liking the Import front drive Stock cars of today. The old win on Sunday buy on Monday is GONE!

My favorite picture is of Davey Allison and Allen Kulwicki. I have an origional photo of the picture from Richmond.
davey-allen.jpg

Thunderbird to Stock Car Morph

Attachments

• davey-28.jpg
    davey-28.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,172
Last edited:
What could've been with those two huh? Davey was awesome. Losing those two was a hard blow to NASCAR and the Ford racing teams. I don't watch NASCAR anymore. It's gone the same way as all the other pro sports.:rolleyes: I still like to watch the old races, maybe from 94 on back. Before Fox got a hold of NASCAR :mad:

Cool shots Rich. That's back when I was watching more NASCAR events on the tube as well, I never missed the road-course races at the Glen and Sears Point ... looks like that's where the second photo was taken maybe.

Davey was one of my favourites ... I still remember him running a week after a bad crash, with cracked ribs. Had his torso all taped up, and a flak jacket on under his Nomex. :eek:

cheers,
Ed N.

I could kick myself for a steal of a deal on a rolling chassis Taurus about a year ago I passed up. Then someone posted an eBay listing on a race T-Bird body to fit it. Of course a NASCAR bird does not fit our SC rules :eek: :D :p ;)

Thanks very much for the link.

Back