dumb question, about metal type.

John68

is the supercharger, and the metal tubes for the supercharger made of aluminum? I know how dumb that question might sound, but I wasn't sure, as I know some intake parts on other cars are actually cast from cheaper pot metal. I was thinking, if they are made of aluminum, how badarsed would it be to strip the paint from everything, adn then wetsand it down up to 2000 grit, and then polish wiht rubbing compound?

anyone have this done to their car? I am betting it would really dress up an engine bay. oh yeah... gotta give some love chrome and polished aluminum style. woot woot (as the young'ens say) word homey.

btw, I do chrome plating and plastic chrome plating, if anyone is interested. I totally forgot to mention that in my other post.

Yes its all Aluminum and many people have polished up a storm.
You Chrome plate metal and plastic huh? We have to talk! :D ;)

Mike, thanks for hte reply. I would love to see some pictures of all that polished aluminum under a hood. :grin:

has anyone taken their alternator apart, and polished the case up?

I can't wait to go nuts on this project!

dude I saw some post tha tsomeone copied from another forum and they suggested starting with 80 grit.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

what made it even funnier to read was, they suggested NOT using a wire wheel to strip the paint, because it would LEAVE SCRATCHES. WHAT@THEHECK.COM?!?!?!

Ok so, you are worried about scratching the thing, but you are starting with 80 grit! oh, that's completely bogus.

dude, if you wnat to knwo how to do it, the right way, just email me, I'll let you know.
jphillis68@hotmail.com

Back