What Happened?!?!?!?!?!

lazybird4pt6

(or for those 102.1 The Edge listeners - wha happen?)

Okay, either i've been spending waaaaaaaay too much time on the PC lately or something is different here.

Or both.

Make it stop. Make it go away. Mommy!!!!!!!

Well, I guess it's not that bad. Change is good, right? (someone say it's good, please)

andrew I don't know what happened, but listen to the Q!!!!!!!!!

on a side note, these new boards are sweet :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:cool: this guy is slick

I dont like it. :mad:
The only good part is you can now have a total of 70 PM other then that I dont like it the SCCOA had there own look un like a lot of the other car club have.

Bring back the old look.

:eek: I think it looks :cool: I like it a whole lot better.

p.s. Jason... i'm starting to get ideas about this blower sitting here :confused:

Cheers,
Luke

I don't understand the reason for the change, the old setup seemed to be just fine. Is this a new software or just a newer version of it?

johnny o said:
I don't understand the reason for the change, the old setup seemed to be just fine. Is this a new software or just a newer version of it?

It sounds like Ron did an upgrade to the newest version of VBulletin, and this is one of the new looks that came with it.

Since the upgrade, something went wrong with the server on the ISP's end, and Ron has been waiting for them to reboot the machine since then. I feel bad for Ron.

I kinda liked the old look too, but I'm sure I'll get used to this eventually if it must stay this way.

Cheers,

Sean

This is indeed the latest version of VBulletin, the GTA Mustang Club recently upgraded to this as well. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it does have some more features.

cheers,
Ed N.

You do know that yo ucan change the "skin" of what you view right? Down on the lower rigth corner, theres a small box, click it, and 2 little drop boxes show up. V3 and Bulletin classic, I think. you can change to look like the old board, if thats what you like.

Now that i've looked a little closer it does have a few nice features.

You can logout from the page you're on. You don't have to go to the main page anymore.

You can actually choose different 'skins', albeit not like the original, but hey, if it's gotta be, then it's gotta be.

You can get to your P.M.'s a little easier. Thanks to the new design I actually figured out that when you erase a p.m. it stores it. Now i've erased the one's I don't want and actually have some room in there.

I'll give it a Thumbs Up. Just one though.

The search index needed to be rebuilt which is basically indexing every single word in every single post (230,000 of them), which is what was bringing the server down. I finished indexing the site today.

Enjoy,
Ron

From The Man himself! Hey Ron, how's it going?

Thanks for doing an amazing job with, well, everything. I can't even begin to imagine what it takes.

Just curious - is it possible to increase the amount of characters one can use in a P.M.??? For some of us (yeah, like me) who don't know when to stop talking, er typing, it would be very convenient. Sometimes a picture is worth more than 1000 words, or characters as it were.

Thanks again, Ron, for all the great work.

Back