I am going to be getting a 2800 stall triple locking disk convertter questions

blown96bird

I am going to be getting a tripple locking disk torque converer for my bird. My car is making so much torque that the mark 8 converer slips badly when locked up under wot. If you have a pi industries tripple locking torque converter I would like to here your experience. I talked to them and they recomended a 2800 - 3200 rpm converter. I am going to be conserveitive and go with the 2800 rpm stall which is 1000 more than stock and 600 more than a mark 8 torque converter.

i think you are reaching too high for stall rpm. if you say youre slipping badly with the mark 8 converter assuming it stalls a little higher than stock sc converter, then you will probably experience alot more slipping in the lower gears (not due to the locking part) and feeling like its not putting out maximum torque. i thought that with these cars you should aim for a stall about 500 rpm lower than your peak torque. if peak torque on your car is above 2800, then that stall would be pretty much correct. but if its below that, you might feel more slippage and less performance. it will sound like its generating big power, but its not going to release its full power potential to the wheels.

do a seach for torque converters in this forum and you will find other opinions about stall speed, and types of converters. i would do this first and find out where your torque peak is, otherwise chances are you will be dissapointed with the results of your install.

just my opinion, trying to help.

Last edited:
The 4.6's seem to react a bit different to stalls then our SC's. 3,000 stall seems to be really popular among 4.6 guys with similiar power as yours.

Thomas

Back