Got hedders from swap-meet

Jake

Well, atleast I hope i did. I went to a ford swap meet and seen some v6 hedders I asked the guy what they were for and he said ford 3.8. I asked him if they came off a mustang and he says no but they will fit a mustand. So I asked him what they came off of and he says 94 supercharged t-bird. Now I never said anything about my SC to him but there is a small ford emblem stamped onto the hedder and R&B MFG. I have the part # it is F4ZE-9431-FA. Could anyone look this up before I get these manifolds off and they don't wook. I'm hoping someone bought a brand new 94 SC and requested hedders on it. I only payed 20 bucks for them so it's not a big loss.

Last edited:
F4ZE means 94 Mustang ... so those would be the 94 - 98 3.8 Mustang headers, which can be modified to fit on an SC T-Bird.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Oh well, is it hard to modify them and is it worth the effort over the stock manifolds? I had an exhaust shop cut the 90 degree out of the stock drivers side manifold, 2-1/4 down tubes to a resonator, out to 2.5

How come there is a R&B MFG stamp and a ford stamp and ford part # on them? Who made them? Did any 3.8 Mustangs come stock with hedders? Thanks ,Jake

Yes, 94 - up Mustang 3.8 motors had tubular manifolds (headers) from the factory. I believe it's the left side manifold that requires the most work, because of the location of the steering shaft on the T-Birds. Try a "search" of the forums on this topic, lots of info should come up.

cheers,
Ed N.

Thanks

Thanks Fast Ed N, I'll try the search again tomorrow, seems to be something wrong with it.

I've tried several searches and cant find anything on what mods to do. I was given a set off of a 95 Mustang, and want to put them on mt car as well. Any one with info before i start would be appreciated. Thanx.

What To Do ???????????????

acb92sc said:
I've tried several searches and cant find anything on what mods to do. I was given a set off of a 95 Mustang, and want to put them on mt car as well. Any one with info before i start would be appreciated. Thanx.
:eek: :eek: GO TO SHORTIE HEADERS SITE :confused: I HAVE PIC,S OF THEM WITH MODS :cool: :cool:

acb92sc said:
First off the mustang headers will NOT fit your stock down tubes. They are biier and come off the heads at a different angle. the passanger side can be bolten on no prob. The drivers side needs to have part of the flange at the collector cut away to clear the block...easy and simple to do. Next you need to make a dent in the header collector area above the flange. This is to clear the stearing shaft. I warn you.... you need to heat it so you dont warp the individual tubes like I did!!!! I now can keep gaskets in it for about a week and then they blow in the cebter port and I have a loud ticking leak!!! I am going to bolt it to a scrap head and heat it before I dent the next one, to keed it from warping the tubes. Any other questions just email me at lilredstang@aol.com

Back