PDA

View Full Version : in the tech area too... but personal help might be good

EvanSC
06-26-2001, 08:32 PM
"SO my pioneer head uni had been working ok, although the left speakers were putting out fuzzy low volume stuff recently. I have no idea whats going on... it has died twice in the last year or so, each time it was a fuse. this time the fuse blew and i replaced it.. blew again right away... did this three times with 10 15 and 20 amp fuses. this is not an exceptionally powerful head unit. I also observed that the sunroof didnt work once the fuse started going out. I also noticed a red wire with the end fed into the fuse connection. help/what else should i look for?

argh."

2TonSuperChicken
06-27-2001, 02:08 PM
That is what you get for putting in phone cords as speaker cables, LOL. Guess it will be a bit longer before you get your SS, hehehe j/k w/u

It sounds like you have fried something in your car. That isn't good, time to pull out the electical schematics and the tester.

Nathan

rukkis777
06-27-2001, 02:20 PM
do you have a aftermarket amp? if not, then take out the speaker that is making the noise and check the connections on the back. Check for roaming +/- wires that might be touching. Also, make sure the polarity is correct on the wires(+ to + and - to -) If your using the factory wires, I suggest that you run your own wires from the deck to the speaker or the amp. When you said that you noticed a red wire running from a fuse...is the fuse located in your fusebox? if so, run your own power wire from the battery...

Hope this helps.

sean mclaughlin

EvanSC
06-27-2001, 09:38 PM
sean, thanks, and nathan thanks i think, hehe

I'll pull the speakers. as for the wire and such im not all that experienced in wiring so I s'pose I'll have to take it somewhere for that part of it. ANyone have other suggestions?

thanks guys,