too much boost?

ThunderDave

I had high flow cats installed recently and the resonator deleted. Last weekend, I installed a 5% od pulley and cold air intake. On the way home from work this morning, to my surprise, the boost gauge actually hit 15lbs. boost. Is this normal for no more mods than I have?

Thanks,

David

Well... Since you said on the way home this morning I figure you work 3rd shift maby? Well if it was cold then its probally true becasue from what i've read the ZR intake adds 3 psi of boost. The 5% pulley shoulda have added about 1-3.. How much were you running stock do you rember?

boost

I don't have a ZR intake. I was running a little more than 10 stock. With the 5% pulley, it was 13+ and I was just surprised that the cold air intake got it to 15. WOW!!! The sweet sound of whine in the early morning sounds so good. :D It was about 27 degrees when coming home. So I guess it's pretty normal then? Ok, thanks for the info.

David

The less resistance to flow before the supercharger improves the flow of the blower,anything after the blower drops your boost levels because of less back-pressure that shows up as boost.The more you get rid of both these restrictions the more power the engine will make.

Back