Stupid mechanical boost gauge question

T-bird4vr

Feel free to flame away, but I got a quick question.
I put an autometer mechanical boost gauge in the car and the stupid thing isn't working.
I may have pinched the hose but what to ask this before I put in a new one.

I hook it up between the "Y" type fitting coming off the return plenum and the first check valve. It looks to me like you would see boost pressure in that line BEFORE the check valve, but maybe I don't know its function. ????

Either that or is there some type of plug in the back of the meter I need to take out. It looks like I could see a very very small hole in there, but maybe a metal plug comes out?

Help me get it working and I will post some pics.
:)

Julian,

It sounds like you may be taking the signal from an area that is to close to the cross over hose to get a good signal, but you should be seeing something on the gauge. I think you should tee into the port on the intake manifold adaptor (AKA return plenum) that your stock vac/boost gauge uses. It should be right next to the ACT sensor.

Then again the vacuum tee your using may be clogged...or the hose could be pinched.

David

That is a tiny azz line and I'm not sure if I can find the right compression fitting size for it. I will give it a try though.

Maybe AutoRicezone will have the right fitting.

Back