Stuttering at low RPM and High Boost

ShawnB

Hi guys, new SC owner here =) and I have a quick question that I can't find the answer to in your forums. I have noticed when my SC upshifts and its at a low rpm ( I have an auto tranny) and I press on the gas fairly hard, enough to bring the boost up to 3psi or so the car stutters pretty badly at times. Its strange, its not a constant stutter, more of a series of hard single jumps almost. I'm trying to describe it as best as I can, but I can't relate it to anything else really. I ruled out the supercharger because I don't loose any boost. Also, as long as I'm in a lower gear I can hold it to the floor and no stuttering whatsoever with high rpm/boost combined, just seems to be the low rpm and high boost where it starts acting up =/ Any ideas or sugestions would be awesome =) I'm planning on putting some mods in it as soon as I get this figured out/fixed.

Thanks in advance

-Shawn

Mine does the exact same thing, only I have a 5-speed. If I had to hedge a guess, I'd say replace your plugs and wires and it will go away. That is what I will be doing with mine in the next week or so.

Dale

I third the comments said before but, just before you spend the -+ 100 bux on ignition parts, try checking your cam sensor connector and make sure its in there properly. Although its not at all a bad idea to change your plugs and wires, 100 bux can be painful to dish out only to find out it did not fix the problem. If you check the connector and change the plugs and wires, then my next step would be checking the DIS ground connection...could be that the bottom heat sink went dry.

Back