Bottom End? tried searching.....

RallyColtTurbo

Has the group ever come up with a solution if you want a main cap girdle and a windage tray?

I found the number for the Pinto head studs (151-4202) to be used as main studs.

Also it seems that to use the common girdles you have to machine a significant portion of the caps. Is this true? Are there any other solutions?

My buildup isn't planned for that high of horsepower (280-300?) but I am trying to raise the power peak to ~5000 rpm with a 6000 rpm redline. So it seems maybe I don't need the girdle as much as the windage tray.

Comments, suggestions? .....Part numbers?

Thanks,
Jess

Has the group ever come up with a solution if you want a main cap girdle and a windage tray?
I do not know who you are referring to as the "group", however BTM has a solution. We offer a bolt on girdle design which requires no machining of the caps and has been tested to fit late and early style oil pans. We also offer a windage tray option. Some details can be found at the following link: www.BlueTongueMotorsports.com/BTMParts/SCMainStudGirdle.htm
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions about this or our other products.

Paul
562-307-5959

Back