custom crank

S

sulfure112

custom crank

I know thats this sc board but this is the only place that I've seen people that know jack about ford 3.8l.

I have 95 mustang. What I wanted to do is have stroker kit 4.2. Iwanted to know how much it would cost to get forged crank or could I have would made from a sc crank. I would also like to know what I could do to move the red line up to 6.2k.

thanks

Re: custom crank

Call Bob Johnson Performance (916) 481-9263 he is an expert on that kind of motor. he does all kinds of them

I am looking into stroking my sc motor to a 4.3L. The real thing that is a problem is the fuel delievery after something like that. There is a guy in our club that has done a stroker on his motor and he is having a lot of problems with it.

Anyways where are you located at? The best idea is to go to a shop near you. I know of a couple down here in the san jose area that you could consider. E-mail me at quicksilverbird@yahoo.com and we can talk more about it cuz I will be building a stroker sooner or later. Also have you thought of putting a small supercharger on your motor? Just a thought.

Nathan Martin

I work in pitsburg, live in san jose. I was considering 42lbs fuel injectors and 255 fuel pump.n I was also looking into changing the rocker arms 1.80 and getting biger intake and exaust valves. I am just looking at all motor. In the future I would love to build a twin turbo.

Do you know were I can get a girddle for the bottom end

Hello,
If you are looking for a 255 fuel pump let me know.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Fuel delivery issues are very big, yes. More important to get one strong enough. The Morana kit doesn't cut it. I went one up from there with a modified forging, later to break the snout because of balancer issues. My next one is billet, and will be stupidly pricey.

I've built over 400 engines, and it has been a huge challenge, even with Coy Miller doing most of the work. Not recommended for beginners . . .

SO what would you recomed for us that want 4.2 stroker kit

That's just it, it won't be a "kit". It's really full custom engine at big bux. You will be well over $3K, just for the billet crank. If you get all the parts, no labor, you will still be close to $8K (including a set of romping heads and a cam to match), without boltons.

cast is poured into a mold - the running surfaces are machined - poor precision - weak, prone to cracks

forged is a stamped block of metal (like a die)-the running surfaces are machined - better precision - a little stronger, tough (flexes when it should, instead of cracks)

billet is cut from a special alloy block of metal - all surfaces are machined - outstanding precision - tough and outrageously strong

Hey fred what were the balncer issues you had, And would
sulfure have the same issue since the N/c 3.8 is blance differenlty. I belive one is blance externaly while the other is balnce internaly

Back