Installing guages

birdofprey

I will be installing gauges this weekend or tonight which ever works. I am installing a Air/Fuel and Boost guage and my question is what is the best way to get through the fire wall? Any other info would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Josh

go through the steering shaft boot. Just poke a hole and run the wires through there. If you have a boost gauge....you dont need to leave the pass compartment. Just get a tee fitting off the line that runs to the stock cluster, run the power, ground, and lighting wires in the car. I made my gauges even dim with the stock dimmer switch. The air/fuel is useless IMO....it only reads narrow band and trust me, you'll end up ripping it out after a few weeks cause all it does is flash useless colors. That too can run all inside the car. For the signal wire, just run it to the computer where the o2 sensors come in. Peice of cake.

thanks guys for all the help. the guages were a present but shes an ex now so if i dont like it i can just get something different... lol... but thanks again guys

Fast92sc

I thought i had a diagram of the wiring into the computer but i guess i dont, how can i tell which one to tap into to get the O2 signal. Also if do i have to take apart the dash to tap into the boost gauge or is there an easier way. Thanks

Josh

Last edited:
i dont remember what wires are which. Try talking to the autometer tech line or do a search on here for what wires are which. You could run another line out to the engine for the boost gauge but id just take apart the dash and tap into the stock hose. There is a bezel around the cluster held on by two screws under the rim of it. Once you take out the dimmer switch knob(pull) and disconncet any wires and hoses from the back, it pulls right off. Then you'll see the cluster itself. There are 4 screws holding it in (4 corners) and pull it back a little and there will be two connections on each side in the back. Disconnect those two and then the boost hose in the center of the cluster. Just get a tee fitting....run your lines and you'll be all set. This way the stock guage will still work. Any questions just ask.

Back