not REAL educated on the sc yet. few ?'s

slipcoupe

ok whats up. is there a website online where i can order ford dealer parts? (kind of like GMdirect)
also in my 90 how do i change the radio? i took the bezel off and theres just one screw holding it in. but other sc's ive seen with aftermarket cd players have been lower near the shifter. the one thats in right now isnt stock, its an aftermarket tape player. so how would i change this?

also, do they make black tail light covers? and where would i get the black 'Thunderbird SC' decal for the rear bumper? thanks - mike

Hello slipcoupe. There are 2 Ford vendors which sell over the Internet and have good pricing. One is for members of the SCCOA and I currently do not remember it, the other is fivestarford.com. Simply call them for a part, many have had excellent experience with them!

Unfortunately I can't really help you with the radio, but I can tell you the factory units had 2 holes on each side to insert 'din removal tools', and then slipped right out. If you have seen headunits in other SCs mounted closer to the shifter, you have probably seen those mounted in the empty cubby right above the console.

I believe covers for the corner tail lights exist, I don't think anything if made for the reflective strip on the trunk lid.. then again, one of the redeeming characteristics about that strip is its reflectiveness.

One of the members here sells those decals, hopefully someone else can tell you who and remind me :)

A cheap way to remove the tape deck.....

You can remove the tape deck by making tools from a metal coat hanger. I cut two pieces out of a coat hanger about "7 long and bended them into horseshoe forms and then stuck them into the holes of the tape deck. Then all you have to do is "wiggle" the deck and it will pull out of the console. :cool:

Frank

dirtybird91 said:
You can remove the tape deck by making tools from a metal coat hanger. I cut two pieces out of a coat hanger about "7 long and bended them into horseshoe forms and then stuck them into the holes of the tape deck. Then all you have to do is "wiggle" the deck and it will pull out of the console. :cool:

Frank

Damn DB, you do it ghetto style just like me. :eek: Whatever works right? Plus it's free. LOL!! :D

As for the lettering, keep an eye on the top right corner of the forums, there should be an ad for TJ D-signs I think it is. Just click on that. Or try this:

SC lettering

Last edited:
Back