Crankshaft pulley, alternator, and accessory belt?

birdofprey

I started to install underdrive pullies today and when i was looking at the crankshaft the crankshaft pulley is smaller than the stock one. Now I am not sure but i thought that the crankshaft pulley would be the same size or a little bigger but its not. So im just wondering if its the right pulley.

I was taking a look at the alternator and was trying to figure out how that would come out. I know where all the bolts are but my question is isnt the tensioner bracket and IC tube in the way to pull it out?

One last question my car is a 91 and when changing the pullies the accessory belt is wrapped around the radiator hose that goes from the water pump to the radiator. I dont know if this is normal or if the person who i bought it from put a different one in. Because it doesnt make sense to me that you would have to pull a radiator hose off to change belts.

Sorry about the long post. But any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Josh

You are OK on the pulleys and belt. Underdrives do use a smaller crank pulley and larger alt and wp pulleys. The main belt on all SC's goes around the lower radiator hose so you have to remove the hose to change the belt.

I have removed my alt without removing the I/C tube but you may need to remove the tensioner to wiggle it out.

Back