hey guys i really need this answered..

slipcoupe

i need to get the rod off of the clutch pedal that goes to the master cylinder. i dont know what to do with the plastic clip and i dont want to break it. thanks - mike

that clip is pretty much a one way clip. Try using a knife to try to pry it off, mine is only on there with 2 or 3 clips attached still, no big deal. The rod from the master pretty much already in line with the pedal.

The plastic part is available from Ford. The current replacement number is: Ford Part # E69Z-7526-A – Clutch pedal to slave cylinder linkage bushing (Always a tip of the hat to Fast ED N for good Ford numbers!)

To get the rod off and leave the plastic in one piece, you'll need to compress the fingers on the part down into the groove on clutch pedal rod that the plastic and actuator rod (to the clutch master cylinder) are on. Probably easier said than done!

If I can find a pic of the plastic bushing on the rod, I'll post later for clarification.

here's how important that thing is, I broke it and didn't know it when I replaced my master cylinder, and I was driving up north at about 100 coming up on traffic, and I went to downshift and the rod came off and I had no clutch. so just make sure it's on right. :)

Also, if that plastic bushing is missing or is broken the clutch master cylinder rod will mess up the rod sticking out of the clutch pedal. I have seen many rods in bad shape because of this.

clutch master cylinder rod

all the bushings and clips were missing on mine when i bought it ,i knew i had to much play in the pedal. when i checked it out my my pedal stub was a half moon shape. i opted to pull the pedal assembly,leaving the rod in the master because i couldn't get it out. i welded the stub up and ground it back round, drilled a hole in it and put a cotter pin in to hold the rod from coming off. works fine no pedal play, and its trapped from coming apart by the cotter pin. that pedal was a pain to get out though.

Back