anyone raced a GTP?

92redsc

i know the new gtp has 260 hp and 280 ft. lbs, and a curb of just over 3500 lbs. this with a 4 speed auto transmission should put it in a mid-high 14 right? and with the comp package with the 3.29 gear ratio a low-mid 14. my best friends dad is a gm lover and just bought a brand new gtp. the one without the comp package. he says his car is so much nicer than mine, and it will smoke mine and be more comfortable. hmph, the sad part is its true, but dont worry, i should be able to get a mid 14 by the end of this summer, then we will see who wins. also the older 96 up gtps ran high 14s right? i hope they were real high so i can beat them as soon as i get my car back together with my exhaust, intake, and 5% overdrive.

Ive been on the prowl for one, but every1 in a GTP around here is over 40 it seems...the closest I got to racing one ended up getting pulled over at a police check point, let me go thru and then made him pull over...OOOOHH I was pissed

Re: GTP's

Stock GTP 1/4 times vary widely due mainly to the manufacturing process, how well taken care of it is, driver skill,ect. But most vary from low 14's (the factory freaks) to low 15's. A new GTP comp G will probally run mid to high 14's, w/the few exceptions running low 14's.... Beware though, a smaller sc pulley, CAI, and some exhaust work is all that's needed to run mid-high 13's in one ;)

1998 Grand Prix GTP(4- door)
3.25” SC pulley, P&P Heads, 3” dual Magnaflow exhaust, no“u-bend” or resonator, Thrasher CAI, custom DHP PCM, NHG plugs, B&M Trans. Cooler,
Best ¼ : 13.641@ 103.2 mph

seen some run at the track during the highschool drags. probably 98-01 models, 9.8 to a 10 flat in the eigth. the super coupe was running 9.5 with a best of 9.4. the track was terrible. it had just quit raining.

Back