Another 10% SC pulley thread

T-bird4vr

I'm making 14 to 16psi (autometer) with a 5% pulley. Does going to a 10% give 2 more pounds of boost? and would it be beneficial? Double IC.

I'm not sure what you "big" guys are running for boost with a fresh motor. I would wait for a tune before I did it, but just curious.

Julian,

You dont want to go more then 17 psi and even thats pushing it..SO I'd stick with what ya got..For now

Boost Pressure vs. Oxygen

T-bird4vr said:
I'm making 14 to 16psi (autometer) with a 5% pulley. Does going to a 10% give 2 more pounds of boost? and would it be beneficial? Double IC.

The Boost Pressure only helps fill the cyclinders quicker. But what are you filling those cyclinders with? The important thing is how many oxygen molecules you're getting into the engine. Since the number of oxygen molecules isn't going to change, after the blower, using a DIC to compact those molecules is a very logical step. Sure the boost pressure will be lower after the IC, but the O2 molecules per cubic inch will be much higher.

68COUGAR

The important thing is how many oxygen molecules you're getting into the engine. Since the number of oxygen molecules isn't going to change, after the blower, using a DIC to compact those molecules is a very logical step. Sure the boost pressure will be lower after the IC, but the O2 molecules per cubic inch will be much higher.
o2 molecules per cubic inch will be much higher. I don't know if I buy that part. Extracting heat isn't going to change the concentration of O2.
Anyway I meant that I have a double IC, sorry for the confussion.
Thanks guys, I will wait.

Back