white face gauge question

brian93sc

alright i've just about had it with these white face gauges. I popped the needles off and set them back on and all work fine EXCEPT for my tach. Now i know i did not break the needle when it came off, and i replaced it at 0 rpm. I even tested it a little with my finger and the thing went back to 0. a week later the thing reads 1500 when the car is off. Now if i buy another tach, would it be possible to maybe cut a slit in the white face gauge to allow it to slip around the needle? I really don't want to have to take another one off. By the way these are the procarparts reverse indiglo white face gauges. Thanks in advance, Brian

i don't think you could cut them because of all the circuitry running through them. i would just keep messing with your original tach to see if you can get it working. you can't mess it up anymore right?

i had those gauges on my 91. you dont have to take off the needle at all. i didnt, but thats because i couldnt figure out how. :eek: what you have to do is put the long end of the needle in the gauge face hole and slip the guage as far over toward the other end of the needle. you have to slightly bend the gauge face to get it over enough but you should be able to get it past the black part that holds the needle. gl.

Back