PDA

View Full Version : We were so close to death.....

dirtybird91
03-28-2004, 05:09 PM
My twin-brother and I just bought a 1992 F-Superduty rollback, and we have been busy combing the countryside for any and all business to get started.

Raceday weekend is here in Bristol and we decided to get off of I-81 and travel a side-road to get away from all the traffic. We had just left the interstate when a small sound was heard. A few seconds later the cab of the rollback filled with a very thick white smoke. I did not know what on earth was happening, but i assumed that the radiator had blow up or something. Two more seconds and the powder-white smoke was so thick that I had to hold my breath while I searched vigorously for the door handle. I could not see or hear anything for a full ten seconds while I held my breath. I finally found the door handle and bailed out! :eek: I have no clue how my brother managed to pull the Rollback over and bail out, but we got out at about the same time. :)

It turns out that the pin had vibrated out of the fire extinquisher behind the seat and the trigger somehow squeezed! White powder was so thick on the inside of the truck that we took three hours to clean it out. Fred had ordered the fire extinguisher through a catalog a few days ago and had been attempting to mount it before our stepfather warned him that it would definately be stolen. This was a valid point, so he put the extinguisher behind the seat the day before and was trying to decide exactly where to put it. We are very fortunate to be alive, and I still wonder what kind of poison that we have likely inhaled..... :confused:

Frank
Dirtybird91 :o

CaifanSC
03-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Dont start growing a third eye now! Hehe...glad to hear ur ok dude...close call.

dirtybird91
03-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Dont start growing a third eye now! Hehe...glad to hear ur ok dude...close call.

If I had a third eye I would use it to look at your avatar all day long! :D

Frank :cool:

quick35th
03-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey dirtybird91, I was in bristol saturday for the Bush race.

Shane

dirtybird91
03-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Hey dirtybird91, I was in bristol saturday for the Bush race.

Shane

That sucks! We could have gotten together. I have a big ole house and I could have saved you the costs of a motel room while we talked about SC's! :(

Frank

thundersc
03-29-2004, 12:23 AM
WOW buddy,
Just got home back to Dayton, Ohio from Bristol myself. Sorry I didn't call ya this time, I know last march didn't work out. I'll be back for the Aug night time race. Wish I could have helped (after the race).

'left 6:25pm got home 11:50, only stopped 3 times :D lots of people told me I was number '1' or must be my Rusty shirt and hat on :D

I saw an old 69 Charger in this yard over the weekend. It had a tree or something growing out of the engine area. Tried the door but no one home, try harder in Aug. It would be got to turn into a (daytona Clone (http://www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com))

http://www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com/images/004_D._NOSE_CONE_-_frontside__small.jpg
http://www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com/images/050_D._WING_-_assembled_small.jpg

1QuikV6
03-29-2004, 10:31 AM
We are very fortunate to be alive, and I still wonder what kind of poison that we have likely inhaled.....

There is no poison in a chemical extinguisher. Its mainly Carbon Dioxide and a substance similar to chalk dust.

Brandon
NKFD

dirtybird91
03-29-2004, 06:55 PM
thundersc,
Let me know before you come this way again so that we can do some talking. It would be pretty cool if I could get together with you and quick35th to enjoy the race.

1QuikV6
I really appreciate the information on the extinquisher. That was really scary. I'm just thankful that we had exited the interstate. :eek:

Frank