Update engine pics LOOK

fastsc92

New Engine Pics !LOOK!

Ok...since last year the engine has gone through a lot of bolt on's. Here are some pics that i hope you guys will enjoy. I worked hard here...its my pride and joy...and my empty wallet....The outside of the car hasn't changed but here are a tons of pics.

Outside
433758_3_full.jpg

433758_2_full.jpg

Engine last year
433758_1_full.jpg

Engine over the winter
433758_43_full.jpg

And as of today
433758_35_full.jpg

433758_36_full.jpg

433758_37_full.jpg

433758_38_full.jpg

433758_39_full.jpg

433758_40_full.jpg

433758_41_full.jpg

433758_42_full.jpg

Last edited:
question... my pure ignorance here... the 3/4 inch or so bar that stretches from next to the struttower tops and accross to the other is called what... and im assuming the purpose is to keep the car stiffer than usual...

jOe

its called a strut tower brace. That was just something that I made myself. I actually made two of them...and sold one to someone on this site. Its the exact same as the Kenny Brown design.....but only cost me about $2.50 in parts...rather than $100+.

Thats a very nice looking car fastsc92; the engine bay especially looks nice.. Its cool to see the changes.

Were you able to tell how much of a difference that strut tower brace made to handling/control?

Again, nice work!

Well for braces i have all the front end support braces, strut tower brace, rear torsional load brace, and a rear strut tower bar. I have a really steep driveway on an angle(about 30* up and 15* tilted) It puts a lot of strain on the car and it used to creek and crack over it. Now it seems to not make a sound...which is good. In the summer(once i'm out of college) i'll start my project on my subframe connectors. I made all the braces that are on the car now, so i shouldn't have a problem making the subframes.

no i still have it...dont use it..but its all installed. My new shocks should be here today or tommorrow..which will get rid of that useless system.

its kinda tough to make these type of things while i'm at college. Once i get out in the middle of april...i'll start designing some subframe connectors....i'll make 3-4 sets and sell the rest. I prob. wont start to make any more of the front support stuff....the STB or any other braces for that matter. I'd love to help you guys out and make a few bucks on the side, but time is what i dont have at the moment. I'll see how things go once school is out. I figure that with all the braces i have now..and then with the subframe connectors i'll make.....the car will be strong as nails.

Hey 92

Hey 92,
Nice Clean Engine Bay Man :)
Are you still interested in the UD Pulleys?
Shoot me a PM if you are.
Thanks,
D Rainer

like i said...i made two of them and i think i sold the other for like $70 bucks to someone on this site..dont remember who. We'll see how the summer goes but there are no promisses. I'll try my best. SCYALTR.....i dont remember what the price was on those...and for the power...it might be worth it for me to do something else to the motor. Just to let everyone know...this is a stock 92 blower and plenum......MP unit will come in the summer as well, so i should expect about 50hp from that set-up.

Back