New Rim fitment question (width)

SuperCoupeSC91

I'm wondering if Weld Pro Stars 15 X 10 (5.5" OF BACKSPACING) will fit on a non lowered stock rear suspension ? i dont know anyone running a 10 rim, unless someone knows please let me know. I want to change my hubs to mustang hubs and get (Weld Pro Stars).. I might sell my rare 18's if someone can confirm this ? Thanks Alex LaChance

i want to get 15 x (6) or (7) or (8) for the front of my car (not sure yet). :)

Last edited:
You'll need more than 5.5" of backspacing to get a 10" wheel under an SC. I think the next step for backspacing in the Weld wheel is probably a 6.5" backspace. That is to closer to what you need, but with the smaller rim diameter, you may run into clearance problems with the parking brakes cables.

cheers,
Ed N.

can i put custom bent brake lines into my stock rear calipers ? if so i guess i'll just get custom lines. (not sure how the caliper and that line was fitted into each other) Alex L

Curious ...

Sorry to change the subject,a little. :D Can some one tell me what these hubcentric rings are? Where can I get them, or for that matter do I really need them.I have 18x9 cobra R rims w/245-40-18's w/36 offset. I have not mounted them on the car yet.Anyway, sorry to change subject,but since you guys were talking rims,thought I'd asked. :) Oh Ed,thanks for that rim offset info.

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
can i put custom bent brake lines into my stock rear calipers ? if so i guess i'll just get custom lines. (not sure how the caliper and that line was fitted into each other) Alex L

Not brake lines that will interfere ... parking brake cables. Take a look at the way they attach to the calipers, you'll see what I'm talking about.

cheers,
Ed N.

I have 17x9.5" with 6.25" backspacing on my car and have some e-brake cable clearance issues. We had a cable take out a wheel weight before I got them tied back a little. The 285s tires on there are at the outer edge of fender clearance.

Ed is correct, those 10" you are looking at will stick out too far! For reference the stock 7" wheel has a 5.54" backspace. Those wheels will stick out 3" more inches over stock! Most of the 17x9" wheels run a 6.42" backspacing.

Back