Vent issue

HawkeyeSC

I am new to this club and just bought a 93 SC. It only had 61K on it and drives like a dream. THe only question I have is when I get into the booster or really accelerate, the air blowing out of the vent stops until I let off the gas. Any ideas for the experts out there on what mught be happening? Thanks! Chad

Are you talking about the ac/heater vents? If so, then it *might* be normal (not 100% sure) but I know when you slam on the accelerator and the computer senses Wide Open Throttle the AC cuts out. This could be an explanation.

There should be a vacuum check valve somewhere to hold the vacuum for duct motors and other accessories. I don't have my manual in front of me right now to look it up. You need a electrical and vacuum diagram manual to find it.

Well, thanks for the reply! It is actually on vent when it happens. It does not have to be floored when it happens, just harder accelerations will cut off the air flow from the vents and as soon as I let off a little the air will start again. Just wanting to make sure there is nothing really weird going on. Chad

Back