need help with roller rocker arms

EWICKY

ok i just put on a set of roller rocker arms on my 1993 SC but there seems to be too much play in the push rod (up and down play) what i need to know is what size push rod are you all useing on the roller rocker arms any help would be great
thanks

Do a search on Preload. You need to make sure your lifter preload is correct.

I am using Comp 7.20 pushrods with Ford Motorsport 1.73 Roller rockers and Crane Max Milled Pedestals. shimmed to get the proper preload. I also have a regrind cam with .509 lift.

Last edited:
i am using stock cam and have the 1.73 Scorpoins and like i said it seem to have too much play in it but the engine is being rebuilt right now. also the are those 7.20 made just for you or what car do they go to so i can go to the autoparts store and get them
thanks for the help

Pushrod length is specific to your car, you can't just get what somebody else is using. The correct length and rocker arm geometry depends on a lot of things, like the rocker arms themselves, the spring/valve height, cam grind, etc. The right way to figure it out would be using a pushrod length checking tool. Or you could try to guesstimate, sometimes if preload is only off by a little bit you can just go one size longer or shorter as needed, typically universal pushrods come in increments of .050".

Rob is right on. I would go back to the vendor you bought the rockers from. Were they one of the SCCOA guys? I believe you are not the only one with a stock cam and heads running those rockers. Maybe someone else running the same combo will let you know what they have.

Back