Street racing in the bay

D

DANKnDRANK

Street racing in the bay

Where do you guys go to find street racing in the bay area? The only place that I know is the Ringwood area in Santa Clara. Its close to 880 and Montague expressway. Just go to the Cheveron late on a fri or sat night and you will see plenty of action. I was just over there and I saw one white 94-95 SC, and lots of other muscle and rice. I tried to get a 95 impala ss to race but he wasn't interested.

I left because I didn't have any shoes on or my licence on me. There were LOTS OF COPS in the area ready to give tickets. I understand that they will make you pop your hood and check for illegal parts. I'm not sure if my mac intake is considered illegal, but I know that my tint is. My friend with an integra got a fix it ticket for his intake in this area.

Not many people try to race me in the San Jose/Milpitas area. I guess that my car looks too stock. I used to get more attention when I had my 40 series flow masters on. Now I have dynomax super turbos.

So lets hear about where you street race in the bay.

Alex

Re: Street racing in the bay

I have heard that milpitas is the worst place to go. There are some other areas out there.

Do you want to meet up and go out tonight maybe? I sent you an e-mail.

Nathan Martin

Never race in milpitas. You are talking about a low crime area with a bunch of board cops. The will even come out for minor traffic incdents. Try geting a cop to do that in San Jose

Yeah I know me and Alex are trying to plan on where to go and everything. I already told him to stay away from milpitas.

Any suggestions and anyone else want to go out with us??

Nathan Martin

Milipidas isn't so bad...

Yes there are a bunch of cops, but still that area is the best place to go if you want to see a whole shitload of races. I use to go racing in Livermore(Vasco/Tesla area), but haven't for a while even though I here that a lot of races recently have gone down.
I use to go out to Modesto to cruise and race, there is a big turn out there but it is way to far away. Oakland back in the day near the airport was good, so are a couple of spots in Concord.
But the best place to go by far is out to Milipidas(Montague Expressway form 880), always a big turnout even on Mondays there are hella people racing out there. Also out in Fremont near the Auto Mall is a good place to go. Stay away from Dixon Landing out from 880 Milipidas/Fremont it is getting busted every week just about, I got a ticket there last month when undercover cops blocked off the roads in and out, it sucked.

A good tip when going out to Milipidas is to always get a good parking spot always search the area before you park, that way you can have a couple of escape routes. Don't park in the middle of the street you'll just end up getting stuck, park far away and if you have no way to escape just leave your car secluded and hide for a little bit...it sure beats a ticket.

If any of you guys ever want to go down then let me know I go out there often either in my 35th anniversary or in my 95 SC(red), I have only seen one other SC that was another 35th who I have yet to run.

BTW in Milipidas you see plenty of exotics last week an M5, Skyline(right handside driver), NSX, plenty of C5s, Supras, I can keep on going on and on.

Later,

Zac

There was a whole street racing community going for a while. They had a site up to set the meeting place and then that's where it would be for the night. Real organized, posted watchouts, cell phones, plenty of ways out. Haven't looked into it for a while but I'll try to find it again.

I am pretty sure it is streetracer.org or streetracing.org
The site is put together very well.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Most of the street racing out here is imports, but we need to show some domestic pride and kick some ricer butt :lol: j/k. I have a real respect for the real import guys the ricers are what tick me off.

I have heard to stay away from Great America and Milipitas as a whole. There is a place of mainly domestics that meet over on El Camino over by me. They would be cool to go out and ride with.

I think it would be cool for a couple of us to go out to the races together.

Nathan

Back