Dale Jr. causes caution

thundersc

Banned
Dale Jr. causes caution: #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. admitted repeatedly after Sunday's race he spun out on purpose on Lap 431 of 500 to prevent from having to pit under green and lose one or more laps. "I had a loose wheel and I didn't have any choice but to spin the car out to get a caution. So I went down in the corner, had some clear room behind me, and I just spun it out," Earnhardt Jr. said after the race. The caution came out, I put the clutch in and got going. What the hell else was I supposed to do? Go a lap down? Go two laps down?" Earnhardt Jr. also engaged in a profanity-laced exchange with his crew over his radio regarding NASCAR's decision to extend cautions late in the race to blow debris from the track. That earned Earnhardt Jr. a trip to the NASCAR hauler. His admission of intentionally causing a caution - an act which has been penalized previously by NASCAR - did not seem to raise the ire of series director John Darby. " 'I spun a car out' - that's a great excuse for spinning a car out, but proving that is another story," Darby said. "To brag about it is not enough for me to make a move on it."

-I along with other people heard jr. say "I never had to spin a race car before but here we go." Just one more thing that pissing me off about Nascar racing. Nascar where if your not running good, spin out! It's Ok but only if your an Earnhardt!-

Earnhardts suck. His father was dirty so what do you expect? The Intimidator? Yeah, sure. This sport died when it lost the Thunderbird. It has that WWF feel to it now. Tony Stewart is a crybaby. They're are a few good ones left like, Jarrett, the Labontes, Bill Elliott, but the so-called "young guns" are just like every other professional athlete, just in it for the money. :mad:

Yes I am an Earnhardt fan and no i aint gonna cry about you guys bashin on him, BUT in all honesty "You know damn well if you were in his position you would have done the same exact thing if it was you" so I dont understand why everyone gets their panties in a bunch. Earnhardt Sr was a dirty racer and would run you over in a heartbeat to win a race. But c-mon guys its racing, Ya hafta do what ya hafta do to win the race. Dont forget your lovely Matt Kenseth takin McMurray out to go on to get more points to stay on top, Hmmmm Forget what the Ford boys do since this is a Ford club right!!! No I am not mad i could honestly care less what you guys rant about Jr LoL Just think of all the BS thats in Nascar now and the point system and then tell me you wouldnt have done the exact same thing.

Jay

What is ignored by those defending the use of a spin to gain a pit stop under caution is the apparent double standard. It appears from the first post that other teams have been penalized for such a manuever while Earnhardt was not. This IMO is the big issue, not the use of the tactic.

I feel ya on that aspect! He should have been penalized for it if it was intentional but whos to say it was. Im pretty sure your driver has done some things and got away with it, like every1 else in NASCAR has done. Its a sport you do what u have to do to get the position you need to win a Championship. Matt Kenseth isnt the cleanest driver on the circuit either and gets away with a lot of stuff that others get penalized for.... Im not gonna drag this out any longer but you guys know if it was Kenseth or a Ford driver it would have been the greatest move on the track.

Jay

Last edited:
I like Jr..

I think he's been great for NASCAR. I have his signed book :D and we bought the cereal box with his picture on it.

But since he's admitted to pulling a stunt, he should be made to pay the price. I don't think NASCAR should give him his lap back, and I don't think it really has anything to do with "who" he is. NASCAR has handed out more than its share of penalties to Gordon, Stewart, Busch, martin :eek: , and lots of others who win races.

ya, he spin himself so a caution would and did come out, saving him from going a lap down.

I'm a Nascar Fan down the line...
I paid $85 plus hotel room, gas, time away from work (20hrs O/T) to watch a good car race. Not to watch a race where one driver sets how the race goes. Not one driver that thinks because his daddy dies all the nascar fans out there owns him something.

No driver should cause any caution plain and simple
All drivers should be fined the same not all but anyone named Earnhardt
Nascar=Earnhardt in must DEI eyes

Thundersc

C-Mon Dude!! Leave it alone already :mad: I have been to plenty of races & seen some stupid ****** things happen for my hard earned buck but i aint complainin about it on here. This is a site for people who have a common intrest a Thunderbird SC. I dont see where Dale Jr spinnin out and you causin a big scene about it anywhere involved in this club so take it to a NASCAR forum and talk about it not here. You have to remember there are Earnahdrt Fans out there and im one of em and u dissin a guy who i grew up watchin and had a lot of respect for. I just dont get some people.

Jay

Last edited:
DUDE :mad:
Come off it!
So your saying that it should be a new standard that any driver that is going down a lap should just spin his car?
Oh ya thats right only Jr. can do it.
I just feel that nascar should stand up for the sport, along with many other nascar fans.
Oh ya and the last time I checked yes this is a SC site and I posted this on the NON-TECHNICAL forum and the last time I checked their many non-thunderbird post here...

u dissin a guy who i grew up watchin and had a lot of respect for? What the hell? OH your 4 years old and grew up with JR. :confused: :rolleyes: :) your not funny "go way" :D

Dale Puumala said:
Give him what lap back? I he hadn't lost a lap yet.

Dale
Sorry, should have put the :rolleyes: emoticon in.. what I meant was giving him a figurative lap (points) back by not penalizing him.

What was funny was a line from Bobby Labonte: "I kind of had to laugh because I thought, 'I'd never admit that.'"

Sounds like NASCAR is going to take something from him eventually, points, starting position or something. All I can say is it was a bit underhanded, but at least he didn't clobber anyone else.

And on the Earnhardt topic, I never could stand Dale Sr. when he raced, but man do I miss him now. I hate to say this, but in many ways, NASCAR could not ever have scripted anything as historic as the events which took place. A racing icon dieing in the sport he loved, and his son winning at the very same track where his father perished that same year. Daytona.. As I told my daughter, (you do what you have to do when you don't have a son old enough you know) what she just witnessed was a man who just became immortal.

Junior's the real thing folks.. He really can drive. He will win a cup eventually also, and when that happens, NASCAR will climb another notch in popularity.
Oh, I have to add this one thing, cuz it made me laugh.. In a poll I saw on a website, I think it was that's racin, Jr. was voted (get this)...
"driver people would most want their daughter to marry"
and this was by a huge amount. Funny poll, but what was funnier was I found myself agreeing with it :)

Im pretty sure that there have been alot of the drivers in NASCAR that have done things and never been punished for them. Like Stewart this weekend spinning someone (cant remeber who) at the entrance to pit row never heard any punishment with that and didnt hear you mention that either. Im not saying by any meens that what Dale JR. did was right. But you cant tell me that if you were in his shoes you wouldnt have done the same thing and im sure this isnt the first time its happened and im sure it wont be the last. And as for Earnhardt SR. Nascar has not or will ever be the same with out him turnin laps. Pretty bad when your bashing someone that has passed on.
Beleive it or not one of Dale SR. cars was a Thunderbird :eek: :D

de_15tbird.jpg
:D

"And as for Earnhardt SR. Nascar has not or will ever be the same with out him turnin laps. Pretty bad when your bashing someone that has passed on."

I think by making that statement you are taking away from Davey Allison, Alan Kulwicki, and many other racer's that have passed away before their time. Earnhardt didn't make NASCAR. He was just part of the whole equation. If you ask me, as much as I hate to say it, Jeff Gordon was the major factor in making NASCAR a household name. He took it mainstream. Don't attack me for this because I won't defend him, mainly cause I don't like him. Yes, because he drives a Chevy, and I know he drove a Thunderbird first, that makes me dislike him even more. My favorite driver is Jarrett. Yes, I know he used to drive a Chevy, but he drives for the good guys now. If he switched to Dodge next year he would lose a fan, just like Wallace and Elliott, those traitors :mad: Yes I know Rusty Wallace used to drive a Pontiac.............
Knowing that Earnhardt had anything to do with Thunderbirds makes my heart hurt. Glad he stayed with Chevy, that goes for his son too.

FORD RACING

There are alot of things you can do, and just like our justice system, if you are not cought, you are not guilty. Just because you later say you did it for whatever reason doesn't mean that you they are going to go back and penalize you for it later. There are alot of things that happen like this in NASCAR and in other types of racing that make it interesting. You never know what is going to happen. I am not going to say that Dale is right or wrong for what he did. I am sure that I would have probably done the same if I thought I could get away with it and not hurt anyone in the process. The stuff about Dale Sr. is true, I may not have liked him a ton, but he did make racing fun to watch. There were others in the past too that had a great inpact on racing. Don't forget Richard Petty. He was responsible for getting NASCAR along way. He did a good job at retiring and getting the spotlight off of him. Anyone else ever notice that? One of the greatest NASCAR drivers ever, and he is still with us, and not bothered all of the time by the media and and sponsors all of the time. I do have to agree about Jeff Gordon. He gets more of a reaction than anyone else when they anounce his name or he passes for the lead, weather it is positive or negative. That just means he is doing his job. I remember the crazy racing that he and Dale Sr. used to do, I miss that. They would help each other when they needed it and race to the finish, and it wasn't always clean. I am not the biggest NASCAR fan, but I love racing and it is all I can get on TV so I am stuck.

-Steve

For one thing im not attacking anyone. lol And if your a drivers fan because of the make of car he drives In my opinion your not the drivers fan your the manufactors fan. And as far as Davey Allison is concerned he was one of my favorite drivers also. I would like Dale SR. JR. Davey Allison, Jeff Gordon no matter what make of car they drove. I know there are and were alot of good drivers in Nascar im speaking from my own opinion I enjoyed watching Dale SR. every Sunday and for me It wont be the same. :mad: Just my opinion. If my opinion upsets someone then owe well its apart of life. :D

To the guys who think NASCAR shouldn't be discussed here - of course it should - there's threads on everything from GW Bush to Catholicism versus Islam on here, and NASCAR is a heckuva lot closer than those to the intended topic of the Tbird SC.

To the guys who think Jr needs disciplined, well I thought it was dirty but then sometimes dirty wins the race. How he's penalized is up to NASCAR, because in the end, you can watch any sport and just about all the time you're going to be pissed off at the ref for looking the other way half the time. I laughed when I saw it happen but I don't appreciate the double standard that the NASCAR officials are allowing by not doing anything.

Last but not least - To the guys who think that only Ford drivers are cool, or only chebby drivers are cool, etc. - when it costs as much as it does to run a NASCAR team at every race in a season, I imagine you, as the driver or owner, go with whoever will pay. And it sure seems to me that Chevy provides more factory backing than anybody.

As for me - go Rusty! But that's just my .02, I'll definitely listen with interest to anybody else who wants to chime in....

Brian

Back