Please help with 95 SC

Lude55

Hi I have owned two SC in the past and just loved them. I am now looking at a 95 SC with 71,000 miles on it. My question is, it has a 5-speed and the transmission has a lot of slop in the shifter. The slop is not from side to side but from up and down. I don't remember my 90 SC having this slop. Is this normal for a 95? Also the oil pressure is in the normal zone but it's below half is that wright? One last thing this SC runs real good but I swear my 90 SC had more power is there years that was stronger than others or is that just in my head? Thank you in advance for your help.

I had slop in my shifter that got worse and worse, with up and down and sideways slop (car had about 85K miles). I pulled the console off and accessed the shifter only to find 2 bolts had fallen out, and the last one was loose. It was hard shifting between gears too. The boot was torn, and there was a spring washer that had disintegrated. I was not able to get the exact parts from a SC at Ford then, but some Ranger shifter parts worked.

I've since put a B&M and it's much better as far as I am concerned.

Do a search on the gage issue on these sites. It's not analog, and is activated by a switch (dumb huh!). There is a multitude of info on this in these sites.

As for the performance, not all cars run as good as others. I would sweatr my stock 89 would have outrun my present 92 before I did a lot of mods, but I couldn't prove it with time runs. But, I know what you mean.

They are asking $6,500 for the car. I looked on Kelley Blue book it says for the car and the options it has runs around $6,800. Does that sound about right. Does anyone know about the oil pressure gage I was talking about before. It being alittle below half worries me alittle.

check connection of the sending unit could be corroded .if it is it will probably clean up and the pressure will go up, mine did. kelly blue book prices are higher than the book the car dealers use so 6,500 is also probably high also. i would try to check that out also. my 95 with 158000 miles is worth 3800 in kelly blue book. i only hope to get an offer like that. i would be car shopping again. my oil pressure was so low that the check gauges light was going on and off and cleaning fixed it. hope this helps you.

Thanks I'll look at that tomorrow when I look at it for the last time. I have two other cars and my wife dosn't like the idea of another so I might have to sell one of my other cars. Again thanks for your help.

I had same problem with low oil pressure last summer when it was hot [about 90*f] I used penzoil 10w-40 and after about 10 min. driving press. gauge went low than I changed to 15w-50 mobil 1 -never had this problem again

My wife took a ride in it with me today and she calls it a boat on wheels :rolleyes: You just have to have the love for these T-Birds I guess. Ever sence I got rid of my 90 SC I've been sick. That's been 4 or 5 years ago. And now this 95 SC one owner comes around and it being a 5-Speed I just don't know if I can let it go. I might have to get rid of my Mustang to get it though. I just got It done and now I might have to sell it. Sucks to love cars and be married. :cool:

You can still get a shifter rebuild kit don`t have # off hand. That is not a oil pressure guage but think of it as a idiot light with out the light. 94-95 five speeds should be the fastest of all SC`s but there are a lot of things that can cause it to run slower, pluged injectors or exhaust, vacume leaks, poor fuel pressure, bad sensors you get the point.

checked the price on a 95 in my uncles old car buyers guide, the car lot book. a 95 sc is worth 3800 add sunroof 150 deduct 200 for a straight drive. there are no milage charts in there so this one is low milage for sure. my uncle said the kelly blue book is 1/3 to high. hes been selling car forever and this was his rule of thumb numbers.

Back