Should I worry about this mustang?

Jake

My friend has a 89 5spd trunk model mustang and he only runs 15.3 in the 1/4 mile. The thing is totally stock and it spins bad. He is gonna put on some bolt-ons on and what do you think his times will be? Thanks, Jake.

CAI
K&N filter
BBK Hedders
H-pipe
Flowmasters
373 Gears

He thinks 14.1 or lower. What do you guys think?

Well, if he can't break into the 14s now, he's going to be worse off trying to launch it with more power and more gear. Stock, that car should be running a mid-14 e.t. If he gets it to hook at all with those bolt-on parts, it will go 13s easy. My 87 LX 5.0 hatch ran 13.8 with stock gears and exhaust, just a few tweaks and decent tires. Heck, I got it to run 13.96 once on the original p.o.s. Goodyear Gatorback tires. ;)

cheers,
Ed N.

HeHeHe... 1988 GT hatch with a ported Cobra intake and ported and polished heads, Cobra TB, Mallory Ignition, Headman headers and Flowmaster 40s. I ran a 15.18 stock with it and I was well into the 13s with just the heads and intake plus Flowmasters. Now Ive got the ignition, headers and a MUCH stronger clutch with some nice sticky Radial T/A's. I bet id run a good 12 if I ran it with everything i have now. Plus Im getting better aquainted with some tough wheel hop but im not going to do any more to it so Im just going to have to deal with it.

My dad had a 96 4.6 Tbird for a company car and Id step out and walk him every time he wanted to play. At that time my GT already had about 80k miles on it and the bird was almost new. I think an SC would be a matching opponent. id think twice about running your car if my GT were stock. ;) But it wont take a WHOLE lot to get you into the 13s too. :D

Last edited:
Back