oil in innercooler and tubes

hammrhead35

hi everybody. im new here and will have lots of interesting questions,i promise. i have a 95sc with a 5 speed and 158000 miles. its a beater but i bought it cheap and it cleaned up alright. i replaced the water pump recentlyand found i have oil in the s.c. innercooler aqnd tubes. i checked the fluid in the blower and when its cool the fluid is not quite to the threads on the plug, but close. the car smokes a little when you throttle down on it. lets say it is using a little oil. ok. rings are worn. why is oil in the s.c. system. the crossover vent tube is the only possible place i can think of. there was enough oil that it was dripping out of the lower innercooler conection before i sealed it after the water pump install. made funny stains though. the center turned blue after a few months on a concrete driveway. kinda lomng winded, sorry

mine has always had some oil in there for the last 150k miles i never worried about it i think most of it comes from pcv valve

i read in one post that a s.c. pvc is a high flow unit and not a over the counter auto zone part. mines over the counter and im pretty sure the one i replaced was too, from the looks of the parts used on the car. the plugs are the only part ive seen that are close to expensive, and ive only seen one of those so far. dripping out of the inner coller connection seems excesive though.

Its completly nomal as all sc`s have a little oil in the intercooler trac. A new pcv from Ford will help as they seal under boost as well as vacume.

Ok all PCV valves seal under vacume but do not seal under boost so oil can pushed though and get into intake. The Ford part for supercharged engines closes both ways.

Back