wheel and tire choice

hammrhead35

going wheel and tire shopping this weekend at charlotte auto flea market. 95 sc that im not throwing alot of money at. ive got 2 bent wheels now that vibrate a little a 65 to 75 mph.4 worn out tires also. ford calls for zr rating, but the milage on them will be way to low and the cost to high for me. what is the going rate for 17 inch mustang wheel and how much will tires cost, plus what kind of milage is expected with 17 inch tires. if 16 inch wheels are found what kind of tires do yall recommend for them im 40 years old so id like to get 30000 miles or more out of a set of tires but i dont want the rearend sliding all around either. sorry to ask so many quetions at once ,but times short. :eek:

right now im using pirelli p400 on my 89sc for the price there preety good, the back end always stays in line with them. i think i will stick with pirelli tires

Pirelli's

My P-400's were the worst tires I had ever driven on, the were harsh, wouldn't balance, had poor wet traction, and caused vibrations. They came with the car, so finally I got a set of Cooper's and they solved all of my problems. Just my 2 cents.

who knows. my p400's gave me such a smoother ride with great reaction time and rain traction is very good for me

what kind of coopers? auto or five speed? i havnt driven one of these cars since 1990,until i bought this one ,but from what i remember the autos didnt pull as hard as the five speeds.

Cooper's

I have Cooper Lifeliner SLE's (H rated) on my '92 Auto with stock wheels. These are by know means a high performance tire, more of a touring. V rated is also available. They are a great all around tire and the ride is very smooth and can handle the wet and are respectable in the snow. Later this spring TireRack is going to be selling some new Cooper/Avon all season UHP tires. I might be looking into those for a little higher level of performance.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040316/cltu073_1.html

http://coopertire.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=UHP&id=203

Back