sealing tape?

Shooter_Jay

Ok so I just got a great deal on an extra set of wheels(clean and tight loaded 95 dakota 4x4 crew cab for $500!!! ok it's got 196k but one owner highway miles), so now I can do a bunch of work to my SC because I don't need it every day at the moment. It's already working out, tonight when I took my passenger seat out, under it, I found my $180 watch that I thought I left at some wild womans house two years ago!! lol. Well anyway, I'm planning on finally doing plugs and wires. I think I need to remove intercooler tubes to get at the wires right? Anyway, I want to seal up the tubes good when I reassemble it. I know you're supposed to use that pneumatic sealing tape...do you use that little 1/2in wide roll for air tools, or is there a more industrial size of this tape? I'm just thinking it will take a roll and a half to seal under that spanner nut. Oh, on another note, anybody have a link where to get oem honda bike parts cheap? Another project of mine, and the dealer is trying to rape me on valve train parts...either that or if anybody happens to have a running xr600ish engine for sale...

You need to meet Tbird88 "Wynne Carter" of Texas Thunderbirds...He has re-usable gasket sets for the IC tubes...They are cheap and will last forever...

Brad

yes yes yes
the tape is crap. You have to let it sit over night, It is a pain to clean off next time. The gaskets are as cheap as the tape. 25 bux if I remember.
Easy as pie. Put 'em on......drive away!

Last edited:
I changed my plugs & wires before without removing the tubes. It can be done, although you'll be doing most of it from underneath the car. Ramps are good.

I just did mine about 6 weeks ago. You don't have to take the IC tubes out. You can get to them from under the car. I would have to say that the passanger side of the car is the hardest because of the AC lines being in the way. Unless you plan on doing something else with the IC tubes, leave them in... The mn12performance.com web site has good directions on how to change the plugs out. Good Luck.

You don't have to disconnect the tubes to change the plugs. You can get to the left sides from above and below.....just depending on which one it is and whichever position seems easier.

The left side is more interesting as described earlier. Remove the air intake tube. I also unbolted the air conditioner compressor bolts, lay it off to the side. Then, there's just enough room to run your arm down along side the engine to get to the plugs.

Give yourself plenty time. Oh, and be sure to only use the Motorcraft double platinum plugs....You don't want to have to do this twice. I replaced my original plugs at 75,000 miles....and it took about 4 hours to do it.

Good luck.

David

'95 SC - 5 speed manual

Back