What??? No West End Meet This Week?!?!?!

SeanMatteson

Here I'm in town for the first Wednesday since the start of February, and there was an East End Meet last week, and no sign of a West End Meet for this week?!

...What if I try to set something up last minute through the manager at Hooters here in Hamilton?! ...Or one of the other bar/restaurants along Upper James Street? Anyone up for that trip?

...I'd still be more than happy to drive into Mississauga for another meet at the Harp if that works better for the majority. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here, but I was really looking forward to being able to make it out to a meet while I'm home.

Yours truly,

Sean

Last edited:
I'll have to speak with our event coordinators to see what's up. We were supposed to be doing a west-end meet this week.

cheers,
Ed N.

Sean... please submit your schedule so our events coordinators can ensure our meets line up with your availability. :rolleyes:

J/K bud!.. :p

I was under the impression the next one would be an east-ender, to make up for all the west-end meets the poor east-enders have had to suffer through. :cool:

And... weren't we doing the "meet every 2nd week" thing? I'm confused :confused:

(yeah yeah, I know, technically this one at Hooters is not an "official" club meet, but really, what's the difference?)

---------------------

SCCoO's newest chit disturber! :D

Hey, Paul, shut up! :D

I'm sorry if I'm buckin' the system, but I've gone into SCCoO withdrawal lately. I really appreciate Les calling a get-together for this Wednesday night.

I'll look forward to seeing all you guys there... If you can make it, that is.

Sincerely,

Sean

Steve, I thought, after our discussion last week, we were going to try to stabilize things again with an evenly alternating set-up? Is this not what was desired? Last week was east, this week is west. Am I not following something here? I thought Les' pick was perfect to compliment that.

Andrew,

Are you the east end events coordinator, or a special events coordinator, or both?

Perhaps defining these roles will help resolve this whole east - west problem.

The East End meet was supposed to be during the StPatty's Day week,but it was switched to another west end meet and then we had a single east end meet.Therefore ,the old 2 for 1 situation that happened last year.

Two weeks back, I had not been in contact with Les, I had tried phoning an
e-mailing him, no luck. Then he posted for the west end meet,
reservations already made. I tried again to contact him, as I didn't want
to just jump in and quash the plans he had made already, but I still had no
luck getting a reply from him until Wednesday afternoon ... and the meet had
been set for Thursday that week.

I think the suggestion from a few of the guys on the board, to go with a
central meet, is a good one ... we can do that, and then go for an east end
meet again.

Everyone has to realize, there's no pleasing everybody!! We have several
members who have no trouble with driving from Hamilton, Burlington,
Oakville, etc., for west and east end meets !! If we really wanted to be
fair about it in respect to our active members' geographic location, we
should be doing a meet in Oakville / Hamilton area once every 3rd or 4th
time as well.

cheers,
Ed N.

I'm gonna use Wayne's post as an escape clause. It's Les' responsibility, not mine. I was just trying to help here and there in his absences.

Steve - I know what you mean now. That's why I was thinking that this weeks' west end meet would resolve this by going to the traditional evenly alternating schedule. Why not come out tomorrow and talk with him about it. Both Les and Ed will be there and perhaps you guys can sort something out.

....and I already know Ed and I are posting at the same time. :rolleyes:
Oh well.

I want to get out to a meet one day soon aswell. A central meet would be cool. I would be able to get out for that for sure. ;)

Back