MN12 air intake

stallion8797

i saw a pic on here that showed a cone airfilter hooked on to the end of the stock air box where the air silencer was and was wondering what size is that filter. I read somewhere that the MN12 performance kit used a similar idea, but couldn't come up with much.

And to save room, what mods could I do to get me in the 14's. I have a 95 SC fully loaded.

hey stallion, alot of people use different ways to pull of cold air intake or to use a large knn cone filter. Each way is different but from the sounds of what you want you should go with what I got. Mine uses the stock airbox and puts a 9in cone filter down in the fender area. It is the MN12 one that youve pro see. When i got it it came with a 9in but ive heard of many other. Heres the link to the site:http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/air-filter-kit.htm
I like the totally stock look it gives. Its pro not as efficent as some out there and has some pressure drop but ive had no problems and really like it. Goodluck finding something that suits your needs. Zach

Im not sure on part numbers at all. There really isnt a specific filter that works on the sc. Just go to Napa, kregan, or autozone and look at their selection and pic one out that would work for you. There arnt too many 9in cone fiters. I know alot that use 4 and 5 in cone filters. All depends on what your lookin for. Sorry for no part numbers but thats the best i can come up with other than emailin mn12 performance and askin. GOod luck. Zach

That kit from mn12 performance is like 100 bux if im not mistaking. For those who own a 94-95 have it great because the mn12 kit uses the top part of the stock 94/95 air silencer to mount the filter, so all you really need is a cone filter. I bought the SOHC focus intake and decided to move the filter inside the fender and use the stock airbox. So, now i have the cheapo filter inside the fender well, stock air box and I re-used the focus tube instead of the stock rubber and I like that look better. I plan on doing something similar to my 89, but i would need to get my hands on another one of those black things from the late model SC air silencer since they're different than the early ones.

So if I bought an aftermarket cold air kit I could just put the filter there and use the tube in place of the stock one? Are there any benefits to using an aftermarket tube other then looks?

Well, if you are gonna get an aftermarket intake then i'd use the whole kit! There are benefits from using a larger tube, and it looks better but those tubes are just so expensive! Thats why i just decided to stick with that tube from the focus intake that i bought. Most intake kits are well over $100 bux, so this was something cheap to do and it looks a little better than the stock rubber hose.

Back