What is the proper torque specs/ snout?

J57ltr

Prett ymuch says it all. I looked into torque specs for a 8mm bolt in 2024 aluminum and it was around 80 in/lbs

Any body know fer sure?

Jeff

PS this new board layout sucks.

:eek: I thought 80 :eek: lbs.. and then looked and saw in-lbs. That sounds about right. Thats what I call screwdriver tight and should be fine. You don't want to overtorque them as the metal is rather soft. I have always just made the SC bolts hand tight and never had a problem or leak.

80 in/lbs converts to about 7ft/lb (6.6667). Most screws require about 12 in/lbs (small like #6 screws).

Just seems to me that 7 ft/lbs is a little low. I know taking the snout usually requires me to lean on the blower and use a long 3/8" drive ratchet to break them loose, and I'm not a little guy. I just looked up the torque spec from a bolt and fastner company.

Does this seem right to everybody else?

Jeff

Jeff, the only info I have seen is from KarDoktor in the member's faq section:

http://sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31541

Charles Warner or Paul/Wade probably know the specs as well. Those bolts may just be hard to get out due to steel bolts being in aluminum. I remember we used the blue locktite on mine many years back, but my longtime mechanic just used the "experience" method over the torque wrench method.

I tend to go in with less torque is for that same reason. For instance, have you all ever noticed how tight the SC fluid plug gets when you swear you didn't tighten it up that much? :confused:

Back