letter to president of ford motor co.

b_burns30

For my college english class I am writing a letter to the president of Ford Motor Co. The purpose of the letter is to convince him to, once again, produce MN12 Ford Thunderbirds. Can anybody help me out with good points to make, good arguements, statistics, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think Ford looked at all the statistics and that is why they stopped making the Thunderbird. :) With the company in financial trouble, i doubt they will be making a new SC anytime soon.

Company has lost a lot of money and profits are very slow to return, they have been banking on the new F-150 to pull them out of red.

Not to mention the new mustangs, ford 500's and freestyles.

I personally wish they'd have brought the falcon over from down under... hmmmm turbo 4.0L I-6 *drool* RWD Sedan with manual tranny *drool*

ironic thing was when i talked to a ford rep about it they said "Yeah everyone wants us to bring that over, but ford's replacing the taurus with the 500"

Last edited:
How about a letter about how ford should still have parts for a 10 year old car. so they dont tell you to drive it off a cliff.

Economics 101..When a company says they are losing money..It generally means they didnt make as much as they thought they should have.)

If Ford was trully in financial trouble...Cars like the Mach 1..Cobra and trucks such as the Lighting would not be in existence...The Ford GT definately wouldnt be here..Ford probably has more money that God..Hell they own Astin Martin :O) Yummmy!

Well there's financial trouble and there's financial trouble. I'd put Ford in the former category. Basically, the books don't look good from what I understand in the income/outgo category, but last I heard Ford Motor had substantial cash reserves (which hacks off investors BTW. They see that money as theirs) so closing the doors is not likely.

As for a financially strapped motor company not having an exciting line up, well history has shown us that that is exactly what financially hurting companies must do in order to move merchandise. To a large extent Ford was fat-n-happy and got complacent allowing the product line to age and become bland. Now they gotta scramble a bit and it's actually good for them and us.

Now to get back on-topic a bit. trying to come up with reasons that Ford should revive the MN12 is going to be a tough proposition. About the only two reasons I can think of at the moment is:

1) to cater to the existing fan base.

2) Ford lacks a Personal Luxury class car that seats more than two.

Neither would actually convince a Ford executive IMO, especially the one about the fan base. There's not nearly enough of us to make a dent in the needed sales to retool profitably. But luckily you don't really have to convince an executive, you just have to make the teacher/instructor believe they would.

HTH

i've changed the specifications of my letter to be more general. the thunderbird no longer has to be on the MN12 chassis, it just has to offer the luxeries that it did in the 90's and compete with the grand prix and monte carlo. i think this will give me a better arguement because we all know that the MN12s are very heavy which needs a larger power plant to get the desired power. with a slightly lighter frame and today's V6 technology Ford could produce a T-Bird that surpasses the MN12 in both horsepower and gas mileage, right?

They dont have a two door luxury sports coupe..

You know how Chyrsler was able to produce the Viper...Thank the PROFIT teh BLAND and POORLY MADE K car gave them..:O)

Look at Ford Motor Company's stock. That will give you a pretty good idea of how they are doing. If Ford was in financial trouble, the Ford GT and probably SVT in its entirity would not be here. As much as I love my car, it was not the best car ever produced. It's heavy, bad on gas mileage (price of performance!!!) and not every one liked the styling. Plus the Mustang is taking up a lot sales along with the F-150.

steveo86 said:
...bad on gas mileage (price of performance!!!)...

I don't know, but for it's preformance, at least with a 5 speed, 25+ MPG on the highway is awsome I would think. Maby that is just me. 4000 lbs, near 15 sec. 1/4 time, almost 150 MPH top speed, and almost 50/50 weight distribution, and cruising at 100 MPH @ 2500 RPM getting 28.5 MPG. That makes for quite the touring car IMO.

-Steve

Ford laughed at those financial analysists and the CHEVY channel I assume would follow suite....

And about that letter..Ford has a great Tbird platform now. Small v8..NEESMORE POWER AND BETTER HANDELING..SO as I said before..jaguar xjr motor(same as tbird but ya know..supercharged and then some) and some rims...lowered....There ya go..Great car..Great handeling..Fast..

Thast what Id wright about..Plus teh Tbirds 50th anniversary is rolling around..What better way to celibrate it!

i hear svt is going to be laid to rest for a while , no new svt projects are to be worked on heard this on motorweek. :eek:

I hope its not so but they said after 2005 no new svt projects. unless things pick up.was on motorweek a few weeks ago.

Hmmmm, maybe the 03-04 Cobra WILL go down in history books as the baddest of the Mustangs ever to be produced. I think if I could own a Boss 429 and an 03 Cobra I could die happy. :) Those motors look SO similar under the hood of the car. :) :)

i think mabey using a tbird name is not a good idea, but a 2 door luxury coupe with power, thats a good argument. write something about the GTP in there, those are beasts, and ford doesnt have anything in that class to even contend with them.

Back