Fastest way to 14's

stallion8797

I just got a 95 SC auto fully loaded with 99000 on it and want to get it in the 14's. What are the best mods that won't cost a lot, I can do myself (pretty mechanically inclined just not many tools available at school), and won't require a HG change. I'm really only looking for like a 14.999 just enough to be faster then my old car.

14's are easy. I got my 89 5-speed to run a 15.8 up here at 5280ft with only a 3" MP intake, 5% pulley, removed muffler, removed air silencer, 255 walbro, and a B&M shifter.

You want 14's, do this:

- Exhaust: Get some 2.25" downtubes and have a shop make you a 3" or 2.5" exhaust with just resonators.
- 5% SC pulley.
- 3" or 3.5" Intake

That alone should get you into the 14's if the car doesn't spin too bad out of the hole.

Last edited:
Is there anyway around doing the exhaust? It's some what on the pricier side and well it'll lose that stock feel. But if I had to go that way could I get the downpipes from supercoupeperformance.com into a Magnaflow dual in dual out and then out to two mufflers? Would midlength headers help?

I don't know if SCP makes downtubes, I think they do, if not, get ahold of Wynn (TBird88) and he can fab you a pair for pretty cheap. The downtubes with the exhaust you described should work just fine and not be too loud, so unless you're into the throttle alot, you probably won't notice it. With just an intake, 5% SC pulley, and the exhaust, you should easily hit at least a 14.9 or even a 14.8 at sea level. Where I am at (5280ft above sea level), cars run about .9 tenths slower because of the alititude. If I can run a 15.8 with and 89 which is slightly less powerful to begin with, then you should easily do high 14's at sea level. :cool:

14's

exhaust[stack cat's and exh.manif.] and cold air int. - you should hit 14's with these 2 mods. no problem That's what I had on mine when hit 14.4 et 95 -5speed

headers- you don't need them for almost stock sc

from what ive heard, a cat back exhaust, intake, and a 5% will get you into thehigh 14s on a 89-93 sc, and mid 14s in a 94-95. these are for 5 speeds, not sure with a auto. you really need a exhaust, and it really isnt all that expensive. if you can find someone cheap and good to do the exhaust, your only talking 5-600 dollars total for the intake, exhaust, and 5%. go here and look, good info

Dynomax cat back exhaust kit from Jegs. Its like $200 but I don't know if it comes with a resonator or not. If not get a cheap chevy truck high flow muffler and run it backwards (2 in, 1 out).

Get a pulley for the supercharger, only go 5% on a 95, they cost like $65.00

Then take your passenger seat out, and lower your tires to 22 psi in the rear.

Remove your air silencer and get a K&N filter $45.00

Your main problem in the 95 is gonna be the open differential in the rear and the god awful slow shifting automatic transmission.

I'd add 3.73's and a trac-lok rear (or swap a complete carrier from an early model auto SC w/ 3.27's and stock trac-lok) and get a shift kit and trans chip.

I ran my friends 94 Auto and it went 15.40's@91mph with terrible 60 ft. times due to the one tire fire. It only had the air silencer out and a K&N running on some junk touring tires.

Last edited:
i'm running consistent 14.8s and a best of 14.7 with my car and crappy tires:
Wynn's downtubes-can't remember---120??
thunderroad's 3/4 top-125
pulley from a 91sc-15
home-made(focus) cai-55

Last edited:
stallion8797 said:
How do I know I don't I have an open rear?
ALL 94 and 95 SC's had open rear differential.

stallion8797 said:
I have the traction lock?
No, only 89 to 93 SC's had Trak Lok, you can buy and install Trak Loc kit into your open differential.

Calvin

if you can weld ,14s can be had for about 50 dollars. port and polish your exhaust manifolds, gut the cats, and gut the resonator. then enlarge the outlet on the resonator between the ball and socket and resonator to 3 inch. the ball can be cut to match the 3 inch pipe. this along with head gaskets and some mild porting should get you to high 14s, but only if the car will put it to the asphault. (good tires).

my 90sc went 15.34 stock !!

hey guys my 90 sc went 15.34 stock and it was aod, im sure a very few small mods could get it to 14.999

Traction control monitor the wheel sensors of the abs, if it detects one wheel is moving significantly faster than the other one (spinning one tire) it applies the brakes to that wheel I believe. Total performance killer. You need good tires and then turn it off, w/ trac-lok it will spin both a little but you get double the traction on your launch which will give you better 60 ft. times and lower 1/4 mile e/t.

FearThis SC said:
ALL 94 and 95 SC's had open rear differential.

No, only 89 to 93 SC's had Trak Lok, you can buy and install Trak Loc kit into your open differential.

Calvin

All 94-95 5-speeds have trac-loc differentials with 2.73s.

Check my member page for my path to 14s. My SC is currently a mid-14 second car. The exhaust was the only thing Ive done that I really felt; it made a huge difference

-Travis

Last edited:
Back