code 538

hammrhead35

checked my codes today and had a 538 stored everywhere. koer and koeo. all help is appriciated.95sc 158000 5 speed

im pretty sure that code is because you didnt give it gas during the test. when you run the test you are supposed to raise the rpms. i dont think it is anything to worry about.

i used a code reader that automatically raised the rpms. check engine light comes on and goes off intermitantly. and either the clutch is slipping pretty bad or i have a big power loss above 3200 rpms. supercharger seems to come on good about 2500 top 3000 rpms and with the crappy tires ive got now it would spin and fishtail in the dry. it dosnt do that now. it shakes and shivers and the boost goes so high the check gauges light comes on, around 14 1/2 to 15 psi. i wondered if this code could cause a power loss at higher rpms because thats the only code i get. the pull or power seems to flatten out, just stays the same and dosnt increrase. ive never had above 13 1/2 psi before and thought the check light might be the cause. its easier to put on a sensor than to replace the clutch. transmisions is starting to become hard to get in gear at idle so i bet its that cheap clutch,to much brute power .

Back