Are all years of Supercoupe heads stamped SC?

Darkside

I was wondering if supercoupe heads were stamped with the SC on all years. I just bought a longblock and the block is stamped twice with the SC, front and back, but the heads aren't. They are aluminum and look identical to the other set of SC heads I have laying around except the other set of heads I have laying around are stamped with a SC. What's up? :confused:

Hey Darkside

I got a head that is not stamped... It is the original... It has the barcode stickers on it and the #s for the head kit.... What year is your long block???

they all have it stamped ,
some dealers when they replaced gaskets during a repair have been known to put na heads on as a replacement.

I have 89-90-92-93-95 heads and all have it stamped ,

the bar codes are on the valve covers not the heads check the casting #s in cover area and compare. top sc casting #s. :eek:

I believe it's a 93 longblock. Ford put aluminum heads on all their V6's? Including the N/A V6's? I did not know that.

Yes, they did. And I also was under the understanding that all SC heads were stamped "SC" just like the block. Ever SC head I've ever seen has been.

Dale

What are the differences? They look identical. I haven't gone over them thoroughly, but they're aren't any obvious differences. Are they the same?

Well here we go again... More differences in production...

There are #s on the bottom of the heads ... In the first pressing 18 is the head that goes on the passenger side this is the head with no stamping.. 22 goes on the driverside...

The #s are totally different for the other pressing so I have been told so this would mean 91-93 are different and 94-95 are also different.. but who knows... I do know this that once a car is out of warrenty the producer can stop making parts for the auto... So basicly the bar codes and kit #s are worthless...

Could it have something to do with the quality of the aluminum are there different grades... I do know this that IRON heads are far better than aluminum... Isn't aluminums tinsel strength weaker... I was under the impression the reason aluminum cost more is cause it takes more of an effort to produce.. So you are actually paying more for less... If I could afford to goes racing with a corporate sponsership Then I would use aluminum blocks and heads and bodys and frames. So when things go wrong I have new to use and a endless supply... Lighter weight too...For eveyday use I do for sure want good old IRON heads they will last much longer..... When they are made correctly.....

I think the #s on 94-95 are 17 and 21 something like that....

OK, next question. Would you not recommend them to be used on let's say, a SC engine putting out 300 HP. Would they not be cool enough? It's not to critical. I have another set "lying around". Maybe we can use these to practice my welding and porting on.

Darkside: That would be a good idea to use the NA heads to practice
on,to set the welder up.Some spots are not easy for the first time to just jump in an weld up,like the short side radius.And some of the bowl area.First
cut the valve guide flush with the port roof.

If your doing larger valves.I would also install larger valve seats.
Max valve size for the stock seats is about 1.84 int. 1.56 exh.
If you go with larger valve seats.This will open up about 1/16"
And will save you maybe not having to do a weld build up in
the bowl area.Every head casting is differrent.And the larger
valve seat will promote more air flow than the stock seat.

And dont tell any body this just keep it between you & me. :)

RANDY

Back