Lets hear your cracked dash solutions...

sizemoremk

I am thinking of getting one of the plastic "dash covers."

A guy at a local custom shop (a very reputable custom shop, I mean the place looks more like a law firm than a custom body shop) anyways, the guy there says that the covers they get in look original, like you can't tell it's even a cover....

The other option is to remove the dash and take it to the lady that can reupholster (sp?) it. And i don't want to remove it again, what a PITA!!!

Thanks for looking!

Or buy a custom cut dashmat which is made out of a carpet material. Only drawback is the color may not match exactly. :(

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
They have people that fix cracked dashes..I had that done to my 89..Look into it
"They"? Can you narrow it down a bit for us? I found an Australian firm a couple of years ago which would remold the dash but it wasn't cheap. I also called around and talked to an upholstery shop and found no answer or referral to people in my town who could/would do this sort of thing. The 2 common suggestions were: Replace the dash, or have the plastic cover installed. I didn't like either of those options, so I ordered a dashmat which is great but I'm not happy with the limited color choices. Tried dyeing the color, but it didn't take. If I were to do it again, I'd order just plain black.

I had a guy come to my house..He epoxied..resurfaceed and sprayed dameged areas..Came out great..Not sure what he used but he used to do alot of work for the local dealers..So ya should be able to find someoen that can fix the cracks

Back