supercharger

debo92sc

lets see if u guys can help me out....i have a 92 sc auto and completly redid the exhaust from headers to h-pipe to 2 flowmasters. Now my car will not boost. It will drive normal in vacuum but as soon as it boosts it jerks and shakes almost like it is not getting gas. now keep in mind my car has 140,000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer and no one would look at it because of what i had done. so the more input the better.

Spark plug wires could have been damaged?

Easiest way to check is to get the car into the garage, at night. Run the motor in complete darkness, and have a helper rev the engine. If it's wires, you'll see a cool light show.

That's my .02¢
Incidentally, which flowmaster series did you go with and how do they sound?

Also check your fuel pressure and see what its at. It sounds like you may have kinked a line or a weak pump. Did this start as soon as you did the exhaust?

fuel pump is 5,000 miles old, what would be the easiest way to check it???
the spark plug wires are fine, i dont know what series flowmaster they are but it is the best sounding sc I have heard so far. sounds real mean at idle. how do u know if your supercharger is bad????

Buying something and putting it on your car without knowing what it is....
Im refering to the Flowmasters. :( A simple call to the shop who did them would have helped, as I am interested in replacing my Magnaflows.

Anyways,

Fuel pump you can hear when you turn the key to run (right before start). You should hear it priming up.

How do you know the wires are fine? I dont mean to sound condescending, but how did you arrive at that conclussion?

As far as your blower, look at the boost gauge when the car is buckling. does it jump around back and forth when you are accelerating?

How is the car idling? You might have a loose intercooler tube. I assume they had to take the lower out to install the the headers? I am guessing on this one, as I cant for the life of me remeber how close to the exhaust manifold the lower IC tube is.

Last edited:
Check for boost leaks via yer IC tubes...DOing an exhaust and the dealer wont look at your car???...That means they are idiots.....And Magnaflows outflow and are quieter then flowmasters..Why change em

fpr

check for disconnected vacume/boost line to the fuel pressure regulator ...from the back of the plenum ...dave

Back