Cowboys like us

forcefed95sc

I heard this song by George Strait the other day and it reminded me of us, and what we do sometimes...lol. Here are the lyrics. Of course I have never been to Mexico nor do I blend in with the desert.

I take off time to time
With those crazy friends of mine
Head out on steel horses
With wheels and we ride

We burn up that road to Mexico
Blend in with the desert
Just we amigos
And we roll

Cowboys like us sure do have fun
Racin’ the wind, chasin’ the sun
Take the long way around back to square one
Today we’re just outlaws out on the run
There’ll be no regrets, no worries and such
For cowboys like us

We talk about livin’, babies, and women
All that we’ve lost and all we’ve been givin’
We sing about true love, lie about things we ain’t done
Drink one more cold one, come morning’ get up
And we roll

For cowboys like us

For cowboys like us
Cowboys like us

sonic

hey sonic its says in your sig you spent $750 for your HG job? Did you do it yourself? I did mine and it only costed me right at $400. Gasket kit with head bolts was $150, Heads redone and checked $215. Labor...all me.

Yeah, I did it myself. Out in the parking lot of my apartment complex. Lets see, $125 for tb88 porting job(well worth the money), $225 for headwork (pressure test, valve job, and surface check), $150 for the gasket set, about every tune up part you can imagine i.e. plugs, filters, synthetic oil, ect... Est. about $700-750. Oh yeah, $30 for the craftsman bolt out kit which has saved my life many times. I almost had to yank the engine due to a stuck headbolt that rounded off.

I didnt do the porting on the manfolds. I guess I should have I was right there, but money was tight and running awfuly low. But I am thinking of placing an order for his headers. And then spending a weekend bolting those up. I had already done the tune up part back when I got the sc in August. Trip to El Paso and back for car...lol. That is a story to tell over lunch Sunday.

Chicks Dig It!

sonicman1634 said:
I noticed that you have "chicks dig it" up by your name. Isnt that a country song also?

Yeah it is. It is by Chris Cagle. I heard it and fell in love with it. The video is pretty cool also. I listen to everything, but have been on this country kick for about 2 months now.

Im sending your money order out tomorrow. I was going to send it last week but ya'll were right; I should put that power steering bracket back on. Wednesday night, I got in my car and started up and it made this horrible screeching noise. I got out to look at what was making that noise and it turned out the bolt that held the pump to the bracket broke and it was pulling the pulley against the main bracket. It turns out that I only installed one bolt out of three. I guess it just couldnt handle the stress :D. Anyway, Wynn was nice enough to give me another bracket and set of bolts. I also went ahead replaced my belt and tensioner pulley while I was at it. Soooo, i'll finally be able to get your money .

sonicman1634 said:
Im sending your money order out tomorrow. I was going to send it last week but ya'll were right; I should put that power steering bracket back on. Wednesday night, I got in my car and started up and it made this horrible screeching noise. I got out to look at what was making that noise and it turned out the bolt that held the pump to the bracket broke and it was pulling the pulley against the main bracket. It turns out that I only installed one bolt out of three. I guess it just couldnt handle the stress :D. Anyway, Wynn was nice enough to give me another bracket and set of bolts. I also went ahead replaced my belt and tensioner pulley while I was at it. Soooo, i'll finally be able to get your money .

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Calvin did the samething. And his pulley ended up coming off. No problem about the money, I'll let you know when I get it.

Yes, the PS pulley did come off on my SC. See pictures below!

Needless to say, We believe that it was caused by the missing bracket!

This happened in Oct 2003, which at the time the ambient air temperature was around 40ºF. Lucky for me, I didn't have any major issues without running any belts for 15 miles!!!

Calvin

pspul1.jpg

pspul2.jpg

pspul3.jpg

Last edited:
FearThis SC said:
Yes, the PS pulley did come off on my SC. See pictures below!

Needless to say, We believe that it was caused by the missing bracket!

This happened in Oct 2003, which at the time the ambient air temperature was around 40ºF. Lucky for me, I didn't have any major issues without running any belts for 15 miles!!!

Calvin

pspul1.jpg

pspul2.jpg

pspul3.jpg

how did you get your pics to show calvin. Mine just gives a link.

Lucky for you, your pulley just came off. My bolt broke off into the pump. Luckily the other end of the bolt was sticking out so I could work it out with some pliers. I guess it was my own fault though.

Remote Host

Stephen......Those pictures are remote hosted from another site.

I've posted attachments here before and Have had no problem with them showing up as a picture instead of a link. Let me do some checking around and I will get back with you.

Journey has a song about cruising streetlight to streetlight. Jessie's song, or Still They Ride, or something like that. I like it, pretty cool, but sad.

I always liked Alright Now by Free because of the sounds of drag racing in the song. Even has the cluth noise. At least the way things sounded in the late 60s early 70s. Lot of soungs have a base line with sound of down shifting but this one has wind up and clutch dump, launch. Sounds of fast cars going by. Makes me get it!

Back