what year??

darin

what year did the super coupes come out with bigger injectors. i am fairly new to the car and really dont know much about them yet. but from what i have read on here they came out with like 36# injectors at some time. mine is an 89, and from what i understand that wasnt the best year for them as far as performance. if they came out with bigger injectors they must of had a bigger maf. if so was it the same year? would like to get some used stuff, i see all these cars that people are parting out but dont know what year of stuff i need. mine is just stock so i figure it should be an allright upgrade for the money for now.

The stock MAF sensor size from 1989 through '91 was 55mm. In '92, they upgraded to a 70mm MAF.

However, I would not make a MAF sensor the first upgrade on these cars. Before intake modifications are made, exhaust mods should be a priority. As you will undoubtedly learn, there are many reasons for this mainly related to the headgaskets. Mainly the stock exhaust is to restrictive for even a stock SC to be as reliable as possible over time, playing a large role in the many failures that have occured. Upgrading the intake to increase airflow into the engine with this restrictive exhaust exasperates the problem.

Hope that helps, and welcome!

What color is your 5-speed...

Is it titanium silver does it sparkle by any chance...Is it loaded with options Those are supposed to be the best ones. With the best engines in stock form...14 sec 1/4 mile.. How many miles on it? I thought the mazada trans was a little dissapointing myself but I'm an AOD fan.. They are supposed to have a supercharger on them that will last for ever... So far so good on mine and they have alot of miles on them...

Yes, what Digitalchaos said do the exhaust and get a pulley for the supercharger = more boost don't put the pulley on without opening up the exhaust first...

Back