I don't want to steer the kid wrong on his LX...

I have some fuel injectors and a throttle body from an '89 Supercoupe in my garage. A young man I met has been modifying his N/A 3.8 Thunderbird and wants to buy my throttle body and fuel injectors in hopes that it will help his performance.
I noticed that his car does not have a MAF Sensor and I did not know if my throttle body will work on his car.
Can I sell this youngster these parts with a good conscience? :confused: Will they work on his base 3.8? :confused:

Frank

I noticed that too, but he seems to think he would have luck if he flipped the throttle body. Oh well, I will just sell him the injectors and he should be fine. :cool:

Frank

He certainly doesn't need 30# injectors for a 3.8 NA ... the factory ones on those are either 15 or 19#, I don't recall for sure.

cheers,
Ed N.

factory is 14# I believe. 30#'s would only be necessary would big valve heads and an agressive cam, otherwise the stockers should be enough. What all is he doing?
-Thomas

Thomas said:
factory is 14# I believe. 30#'s would only be necessary would big valve heads and an agressive cam, otherwise the stockers should be enough. What all is he doing?
-Thomas

Well this kid is still in high school and he has been working pretty hard on his car at the vocational school. So far the car looks similar to an SC except for the rims. He has done a very fine job. I am proud to watch this kid and I try to give him advise every now and then. I am not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to what he should do for his engine since he's not building it from ground up. He wants to add things here and there to enhance performance. He has very limited funds, and his mother is actually in prison for DUI's. He bought the car from someone since he is working part time at a local restauraunt. Whoever he bought it from done something to the engine because it seems to lope at idle. Hmmmm..... maybe a cam and head work. It seems to run a lot better than normal. He took the 7.5 out and installed some 3:73's with the help of his teacher to line up the mesh. He has also installed some better exhaust. I want to help this kid out, but I am the type of guy who could tell the kid a big list of mods to go with. I have issues when it comes to whether or not he can use one or two mods from the Supercoupe. :(

Frank

Well I am currently on my stock injectors and still have room to go. I have 1.8 roller rockers, ported intakes, 60mm tb, UD pulley, and exhaust (among a bunch of other small crap) But I'd expect the stock 14#'s to go to about 180rwhp.

Also, he has a MAP car. Those don't respond well to mods. Pretty much anything beyond a cold air intake and exhaust will do nothing for performance, unfortunately. :(

-Thomas

Thomas said:
Well I am currently on my stock injectors and still have room to go. I have 1.8 roller rockers, ported intakes, 60mm tb, UD pulley, and exhaust (among a bunch of other small crap) But I'd expect the stock 14#'s to go to about 180rwhp.

Also, he has a MAP car. Those don't respond well to mods. Pretty much anything beyond a cold air intake and exhaust will do nothing for performance, unfortunately. :(

-Thomas
Thanks Thomas! I will definately pass that info on!

Frank

Back