Favorite mufflers on a SC?

thunderturd

I think Im going to change my mufflers on my SC, currently it has no cats, 2 1/2 into 3 inch then splits into duals after the diff with 2 Hooker Aero chamber mufflers. I dont care for the sound at all, its ok till about 3000 rpm then it gets raspy/popy like cherry bombs :mad: . I have purchesed the Magnaflow resonator but havent installed it yet. I was just wondering what everyones preferred muffler choice was because if it still sounds like crap with the resonator Im cutting the Hookers off.
Thanks for any input,
Bryan

ive heard alot of people like dynomax superturbos with that resonators. ive HEARD (so dont quote me) that it sounds real good and low at idle and off idle, and then sounds like a regular v6 with just slightly louder exhaust at higher rpms.

The stock mufflers sound great..

After you open up the exhaust... Not too loud and a nice rumble that lets the car next to you know your ride has got some punch....

I've got the same system as trife86 but also have the Flowmaster resonator added to it, It's nice and mellow at operating speed but when I get on it it has a nice low rumble tone to it. I expect for it to get louder once I get my Tbird88 ported manifolds and downtubes to bypass the cats on it, but I don't think it will change the fact that it has no highway drone, and that's what I wanted to avoid with an exhaust system.

I have the flowmaster cat-back and the flowmaster resonator with t-bird 88 ported manifolds and his down tubes with no cats. It sounds good. I can say it has a bit of a Mustang sound to it but you can still tell it's a v-6 when you rev it. Now on the hwy in boost it sounds real good because your getting that v-8 air flow.

Getting ready to put on borla xr-1 race mufflers, ill get back to on the sound, but they are on the pricey side.

I had the hooker aeroflows with a magnaflow resonator, it sounded horrible. I changed the hookers out for borlas, now it sounds sooo much better.

The resonator is a must. I have dual 2.5 with the dual in/out magnaflow resonator and dynomax super/turbos at the rear. Its a bit loud arroun 2500-3k but nice everwhere else. Mine also has no cats though, which will be installed soon to hopefully tone it down.
-John
94 5sp

Dynomax Super Turbos with the Magnaflow resonator is what I have. Not very loud but not real quiet either, just about right IMO.

If I ever decided to change it, I would copy George Davenport's setup and use similar Borla mufflers.

David

Soundwise, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have cut the cats off of my stock exhaust system. Or, I would have kept the cats and paid to have them put back on!!

That wouldnt happen to be a red SC black interior with thos aerochabers would it??

First install the magnaflow resonator..If you are still unhappy teh borla XS are a great muffler....The dynomax super turbos or standard borlas are mellower at teh cost of some performance(at your level maybe none at all)

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
That wouldnt happen to be a red SC black interior with thos aerochabers would it??

Nope, black with tan leather interior. Does anyone have a part number on those Borla or Flowmaster mufflers, I know its tight back there so I dont want to get them in the wrong dimentions.
Thanks for all the info guys!

Do nto get flowmasters..Regardless of sound they arnt good... Go to Husker Perofrmance online..Or maybe its Husker exhaust..They have best prices and sell both the borla XS and Magnaflow mufflers (flowmasters wont sound much different then aero chambers and teh aero chambers a better muffler)

Hooker Aero Chambers...

Hi Red91...

I just purchased the Aero Chamber Mufflers offset in/ center out, 2.5".

I will be running Catless downtubes to a Magnaflow resonator (2 in 1 out).

I'm near the Cleveland area....
Do you know of a shop in NorthEast OH. that would hook this all up w/o the cats? Thanks & could you explain in detail what this setup sounds like at idle, mid & high rpms?

Rich
super red91 said:
I had the hooker aeroflows with a magnaflow resonator, it sounded horrible. I changed the hookers out for borlas, now it sounds sooo much better.

Magnaflow 14" mufflers and magnaflow 14" dual in/out resonator

I have a true dual set-up with a magnaflow 14" dual in/out resonator, and magnaflow 14" mufflers at the end. I love it! You can't even tell there's an exhaust on it at idle, but when you get on the gas it has a really nice, bassy smooth sound that tells people you mean business. No highway drone at all. I'd highly recommend the 14" magnaflow mufflers, and I got them for about $60-$70 a piece at the following website: www.exhaustproslinc.com

Steve

eyefly, where at you at in NE ohio? Im from parma heights, 10 min from cleveland. If you want to meet up sometime to hear my exhaust or have any questions let me know.

Ryan

Back