bought an sc for the strip help me!

dru440

hey guys i was lucky enough to come across a very cheap sc, its an 1990 with an aod, im thinkin about gutting it, what are some good cheap mods for it, and how fast can i get this thing for about 1500 dollars? what i had in mind was port polish the inlet tubes, 10% overdrive pulley, underdrive pulleys, no power steering, no ac, no smog, if its possible , cai, and some exhaust work, let me know what style of exhaust and things, and let me know about those mustang headers... thanks guys

The SC isn't exactly the best choice for a cheap/fast car. It can be cheap, and it can be fast, but it's hard to have it both ways! You could probably get a Rustang into the 11's for $1500 but I seriously doubt there are even any 13 second SC's here with under $1500 in mods.

HOWEVER if you really want to try, I'd recommend three things. First, drop as much weight from the car as you can. Next do your exhaust. Then work on the intake side (MAF, TB, blower top, etc).

Turn around and sell it for a profit, and use the money to buy a car that doesn't way 2 tons and has more then 6 slugs under the hood. You will be much happier in the end! ;)

Thomas

Yeah, I said it.

your probably right, i bought the car for 400 bucks, and it runs and d rives fine and has minimal rust.

Thomas A said:
Turn around and sell it for a profit, and use the money to buy a car that doesn't way 2 tons and has more then 6 slugs under the hood. You will be much happier in the end! ;)

Thomas

Yeah, I said it.

I can't believe you said it! :eek: :D

Track car?

haha GUT IT

Head porting(cheap job)ARP HEAD STUDS, a cam, 10% OD SC pulley exhaust from manifolds back,NEW 255lph fuel pump and Nitrous..There ya go..I think ya can do that for around 1500

Then of course..Rebuild differential and get drag radials or slicks;O)

If ya have leftover money..Bigger TB and mass air cold air intake K&N ect

Sure there are many combos you can go with but to go fast cheap nitrous is the way. Doing the head porting with ARP studs, free flowing exhaust and a new fuel pump will help ward off potential head gasket failure.

I think completely gutting an SC can cut .5-1 sec off depending on how far you go..SO that will take your low to mid 15 sec car to somwhere in the 14's...

This isnt how I'd do it..But....with 1500 your options are limited

Gut the interior and sell off the parts that are good. If the interior is in decent condition, that could be an extra $2-500 of spending money.

You need to build up the tranny now or you can do a few mods,
and buy a tranny later.At any rate plan on spend $2500.00
for a tranny.It will NOT hold up with the SC being stock.
Let alone modified.

Randy Disclaimer(SOme people have bad luck with trannys)

You should be able to get a nicely built installed aod for 1000-1500..I never pay more then that..If that time comes

Back