Drilling in Thermostat?

SlinginBeauty

So i was lookin in MM&FF and i saw something about them drilling holes in the thermostat to aid in extra coolent flow. Is this right? I think it was with the supercharged merauder but im not sure. Does this actually work? Its the first time ive ever heard anything like it. Does anyone recomend it? A little info about the subject would really be appreciated. Thanks. Zach

I think its referred as a "thermostat mod" in the TCCoA. I think its suppse to help bleed out the air :confused:. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Alls i know is it said "to aid in coolent flow" which I imagine sounds like it may work but drillin in the thermo? I dont know. So??? Thanks all for help. Zach

The stock SC t-stat has a pre-drilled hole already and is designed to screw in & lock into the housing. Once it is in the right position, the hole ends up on the top, this helps trapped air get out of the system. Aftermarket t-stats don't have the hole, nor do they (some) screw in.
We thought about drilling a hole but went factory in the end. Good luck

It's for trapped air, not flow because it's only 1/16". I drilled a hole in mine and put the hole to the top of the housing.

What To Do

:eek: ;) :D :confused: :confused: :eek:
SlinginBeauty said:
So i was lookin in MM&FF and i saw something about them drilling holes in the thermostat to aid in extra coolent flow. Is this right? I think it was with the supercharged merauder but im not sure. Does this actually work? Its the first time ive ever heard anything like it. Does anyone recomend it? A little info about the subject would really be appreciated. Thanks. Zach
I TOOK OUT THE CENTER OF THE STAT OUT REPLACED WITH A 1/2 WASHER IT HAS A 9/19 OPENING BENT THE TABS TO HOLD IN PLACE...RUNS COOL ALL THE TIME.........THE WINTER MAY BE ROUGH... ALSO USE LOW SPEED FAn in summer with switch f.f. :eek:

Back